Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emery Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Apr 26, 2016.

1. teebs41 Apr 26, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 17, 2017)
    teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Seattle based post hardcore band from the early 2000s. Love these guys, their new record "You Were Never Alone" is a really solid release, check it out!

www.emerylp7.com

Back their new record on indiegogo!!

2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

beachdude42 and teebs41 like this.
  3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

It is so good! Did you watch the YouTube videos?

4. airik625

I watched most of the live acoustic performance in Seattle last night. Tempted to just pa the $6 and be done with it.

Garrett L. likes this.
  5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I may do that as well

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

It's just so great seeing Devin basically be in the band again

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Apparently they started writing the best record and Devin was in the studio writing with them this time.. Last time Devin just added vocals basically after the record was done, I missed his song writing on the last two records

8. airik625

If you do, let me know? ;-)

Please?

9. airik625

I'm actually kind of looking forward to Devin Shelton's solo album due out (later this year?)

I think it's just going to be an acoustic covers album. The videos he posted on his facebook a few months ago sounded pretty great.

10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Nope it's originals! The covers were just to hold people over

coleslawed likes this.
  11. JettaPA

I felt his absence on WDWWW, but I think YWNA stacks up well with their other albums.

teebs41 likes this.
  12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I love it and it's my 4th favorite Emery record.

1. The question
    2. Shallow seas
    3. Weaks end
    4. Ywna
    5. Only a man
    6. Wdwww

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  13. airik625

Oh really? Well that's neat.

I wonder if anyone happened to get rips of those?

14. JettaPA

Yeah, that's close to how I stack them up.

teebs41 likes this.
  15. FrankOceansEleven

bucks in 6

Love all of Emery's stuff, but I know I'm in the minority when I say I'm Only a Man is my favorite album of theirs. The slower songs on that album hit me every time.

teebs41 likes this.
  16. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

In Shallow Seas deserves way more love than it gets. Such an incredible album.

Watched a lot of the live stream last night (totally fell asleep in the middle of crib to coffin) and I just love how great they sound. Devon and Toby both sing perfectly.

17. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I really dig the slow songs on IOAM, like Crib to Coffin.

18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Only a man seriously grew on me over the years. Some of the lyrics are still cringy tho

19. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Anyone know how many tracks this has? (And what tracks!)

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

It's only 7.. Which is weird bc we know the concerts were a lot longer. I guess they only wanted to mix/master the best performances

21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm also disappointed that they play no new material. The only new song I've heard live is the less you say.. I mean I love the weaks end, but I've heard those songs live like 14-15 times

22. JettaPA

Can't Stop the Killer is my favorite Emery song, but unfortunately The Movie Song might be one of the worst songs ever, its the only Emery song I actively skip every time. IOAM is like a tale of two albums. I appreciate the risk and out of the box approach they went for, but its too hit or miss as a full album for me to put it higher than their other material.

teebs41 likes this.
  23. josephcissell

Regular

In Shallow Seas is easily my favorite from them. Might be in the minority on that.

24. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

In Shallow Seas is my favorite of theirs, i guess because it happens to be the first full length of theirs I bought. I haven't listened to it in 3+ years and I may change that today.

25. JettaPA

Its definitely up there, but most fans still rank The Question or The Weak's End higher. Still though, you can't go wrong, ISSWS is a wonderful album.