Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emery - White Line Fever (June 5, 2020) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by The Black Parade, Apr 8, 2020.

1. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

2. Gooddayz

always and forever

Cool album cover.

The Black Parade likes this.
  3. BTDandFeelingThis

Yeah I really like that art

Gooddayz likes this.
  4. BTDandFeelingThis

5. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

I wanna hear the new song, but they said backers will have the full album in 48hrs and I've already heard 7 songs... I think I'll wait. Very excited though!

The Black Parade likes this.
  6. The Mysterious Apr 10, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 16, 2020)
    The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

Strong ISSWS vibes. That harmony @1:43 is so easy on the ears.

7. So it's already out there, feels weird to wake up to a new Emery album before I even knew about it

The Mysterious likes this.
  8. So far it's solid, though I feel like they're kind of playing it safe in the first half... or perhaps it's due to being already familiar with those songs and playing them a lot last year.

The second is where the album really gets more interesting. Make Yourself Sick is fantastic, and the kind of electronic centric curveball I've wanted them to write for a while. 2:38 isn't far behind even it's a little bit more conventional, its ending is a highlight. Civil Wars makes me grateful for Devin's return as he brings it once again, and the interplay with the screams just gets me. I wish Voices In The Air was longer, like there's some strange shit happening structurally... then it just ends. I guess it'll have to grow on me.

I haven't heard EP3 et EP4 so I wonder what other songs they had in mind while making the tracklist.

9. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

Yeah I was not expecting Make Yourself Sick. That is probably my favorite track on first listen.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  10. Kmil

Trusted

2nd half is definitely better on this and yeah "Make Yourself Sick" is the highlight here.

11. No one told me about this?

Bartek T. and The Black Parade like this.
  12. BTDandFeelingThis

I should have lol. I was at the vip they did this for and have the cd of it. Great stuff.

13. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

EP3 was a Christmas EP and EP4 was originally a side project conceived by Devin & Toby called Palmetto, but they instead released the four tracks as an Emery EP. None of these songs are included in the full length.

All seven songs from the first two EPs have been included here.

I think the album is good but it's hard to judge a 'new' album when you've heard seven of the songs already.

14. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Also, I think it was a mistake giving it to Emeryland subscribers this early. We could have received it in May a year from when they launched the idea and closer to the release date. Sucks for them to have it out there two months before the release date - they even said with the download link please don't share it, but maybe they don't really mind?

15. Didn't this happen with EP1 and EP2 too? I wonder if they really care about it at this point, otherwise they wouldn't have sent the whole album this early.

EP3 and EP4 haven't been shared, yet they've been out for a while... so idk, it's a little weird.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

They didn't seem to care with the first two EPs, but they asked that people didn't share this so it's hard to tell at this stage! I think they must be making money from Emeryland subscriptions, as well as the t-shirts and records whenever they press them.

17. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Need to check out the new stuff, last album did not last for me at all...

18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I loved Eve but I think this might be their best since In Shallow Seas.

19. I think I already like it more than Eve, which didn't have much staying power to me. You Were Never Alone remains my favorite post In Shallow Seas We Sail album so far.

Lucas27 and disambigujason like this.
  20. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Eve grew on me a lot. It's my favorite post-ISSWS album. I'm not going to listen to this one until the official release though, it's good to see some positive first impressions.

coleslawed and awakeohsleeper like this.
  21. aspeedomodel

I return to We Do What We Want a fair amount actually. Never really understood the hate that album got.

I could never really get into Shallow Seas like everyone else, album was always just okay to me...

22. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

We Do What We Want:
    For me I find the track listing top heavy and I think the album really lacks Devin’s songwriting. It’s my least favourite Emery album actually!

23. Noradrenaline

Regular

Are these full band or acoustic? I'm at work now so I can't listen.

24. The first is acoustic, the second full band

Noradrenaline likes this.
  25. aspeedomodel

Interesting, I think it's one of their tightest records. 10 songs and, in my opinion, no real filler. The one-two punch of West Coast and Fix Me are wonderful. I also really love how it felt super heavy at times, reminding me of earlier work. Cheval Glass is their 2nd best opener, I think.

awakeohsleeper likes this.