Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emery - Eve (November 9, 2018) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Aug 22, 2018.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

yes! a lot happens in that 2:47.. im on listen like 15.. haha I have problems

2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I added a date that they hinted to with indiegogo, will adjust if it changes

3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

noxee likes this.
  4. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I dig it. Doesn’t blow me away but I love that it’s something a little different for them.

teebs41 likes this.
  5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Wouldn’t surprised if this was the first track and that held out chord goes into a heavier track 2.. also if they do break it down again it would make sense to release track one first

6. Night_Sky

Regular

Not sure how I'd feel with this being the opener on the record, seeing as they've always had fantastic openers. Could see this as track 2 or 3. But I definitely agree that this track will most likely transition into the next song on the album.

wood&wire and teebs41 like this.
  7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I guess my point was, in the right context I think this could be a fantartic opener.

Night_Sky likes this.
  8. Night_Sky

Regular

Will have to agree to disagree on that. The transition from the first A- B sections I would dislike even more, if it were the opener.

teebs41 likes this.
  9. noxee

Regular Prestigious

Reading this thread I'm hyped to check out this song when I get to back to my computer.

I first came across them when they opened for Story Of The Year back in Australia around 2006 I think. I listen to The Question and The Weak's End a lot after that.

Anyway I'm also interested to see what they put out and they see like awesome dudes so I'm excited that they're writing together again.

teebs41 likes this.
  10. noxee

Regular Prestigious

Alright got impatient and ended up listening to it on my phone. That song was a rollercoaster, so many different elements and agree with others that the ending is classic Emery.

I could see this falling somewhere in the middle and possibly being used as a transition track between two different moods of the album. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Fun track though.

beachdude42, teebs41 and Night_Sky like this.
  11. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

13. noxee

Regular Prestigious

This kind of has a Silverstein vibe for me.

coleslawed, beachdude and teebs41 like this.
  14. Night_Sky

Regular

Agreed, barring the synth it sounds a lot like the stuff on their first 2 EP's

beachdude42 and teebs41 like this.
  15. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Finally realized which band the beginning of this new song reminds me of: twothirtyeight. Not any song in particular, just the overall vibe.

16. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

New single is DOPE! Can't wait for the new record. Album art and title are also really great.

beachdude42 and teebs41 like this.
  17. jordanjohnson09

Regular

18. Gooddayz

always and forever

Came here to say this.. glad I wasn't the only one. I've only heard the new song twice, but I still couldn't really grasp who was who

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  19. Gooddayz

always and forever

Album art reminds me of Saosin's ISOSG original artwork and that's not a good thing..

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s Toby

21. Gooddayz

always and forever

Did the beginning have Toby use his falsetto? After some more listens I can differentiate, but I think his higher register is what threw me for a loop

22. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

It's way better than that.

coleslawed likes this.
  23. The album art has been posted somewhere? I can't find it.

24. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

It's on the single that backers received. If you add it to iTunes or something you should be able to see it. I don't think a HQ version has been revealed by them yet.

25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s on the first post of the thread too