Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emery - Eve (November 9, 2018) Album • Page 35

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Based on an Instagram post it looks like what they’re recording right now is a 4-song EP? (Sorry if this is old news, I just hadn’t seen confirmation about whether they were just demoing or doing a new full-length already or what)

teebs41 and chhholly123 like this.
  2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Not old news! Wonder when their plan changed from an lp to an ep

3. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I might be remembering this wrong but I was watching the twitch the other day and I think they said something about doing 3 4 song EPs that would eventually make up an album.

I think.

Matt Metzler and teebs41 like this.
  4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Ohhh that’d be sick

5. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Interesting tactic. I just can't believe we're getting a follow up to Eve so soon. Having said that, I'd prefer to wait until next year and get all 12 songs at once.

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea we will see. My guess first 4 come with the indiegogo push, then the next 4 a few months later and then he final 4 and full album release in the winter

7. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I'll take that and to be honest, I totally understand in the streaming era that this kind of staggered release makes more sense to get as many tracks onto playlists as possible. I just love listening to a full length for the first time and being totally immersed in it - very selfish!

8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

yea, I totally get that. You doo have the option of holding out until all the songs are done haha. I think though, this band at this stage of their career probably just wants to try new things.

9. Isn't it what Failure did for their new album? I'm cool with it

10. contra11mundum

Listening to Eve this morning for the first time in a while and dammit I love this record.

teebs41, Gooddayz and disambigujason like this.
  11. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Have we talked about Emeryland yet? I got this email this morning:

coleslawed and chhholly123 like this.
  12. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

The names they pick for everything are truly terrible. BadChristian. Emeryland. But the ideas are cool. I'm excited to see what they come up with, I'll probably back it for the new music as long as it's reasonably priced... I'm not really interesting in interacting with the band or watching Twitch.

It will be interesting to see if they stick with their timelines since they set them so far in advance. They've never been great at that haha.

teebs41 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  13. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yeah, Emeryland is particularly bad but it's cool that they are trying innovative things that help them sustain what they do.

Good point about the timelines.

I'll contribute to a crowdfunder if it's the same price as what I'd pay for a digital download. I'm the same in that I haven't got time for Twitch or the other bits, I just want to hear the music, ha!

coleslawed likes this.
  14. Gooddayz

always and forever

So does mean we won't get the four EPs until it's publicly release as an LP on May 7th 2020?

teebs41 likes this.
  15. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

Seems like supporters get them as they go, everyone else has to wait.

teebs41 likes this.
  16. Watched a few bits of the last few twitch videos and... yep, I still can't wait to hear these new songs in their finished forms.

teebs41 likes this.
  17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

you guys watching?

18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Ep is great!!!

disambigujason likes this.
  19. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Didn't watch due to the time difference but here are your choices everyone:

20. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

If you're not interested in the community and band interaction aspect (which I am probably not), $30 for 4 EPs (presumably all have four songs?) and a full length (which will presumably feature those same songs), seems a bit much.

Don't worry, I'll still be purchasing it tonight (I'll probably pledge through Indiegogo).

Also, are we creating a new thread for this or continuing discussion here? As they've given the album release date (7th May 2020) I think new thread for the album/EPs makes most sense.

Edit: sorry just seen that the three extra EPs are not release to the public so even if the full length features some of those songs I guess we might end up with a few exclusive songs?

21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

That’s not how they explained it last night. It seemed like the 4 eps would make up the album.

I’ll ask them on the discord haha!

22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Def makes sense to do a new thread!

23. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Thanks, haha!

Edit: re-reading the info and it could be that Dead End EP is a standalone EP and then the remaining three EPs will become the album... not sure!

24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I think all of these songs from dead end will be on the album. They are saying exclusive for the time being, since it won’t be on streaming or anything until next year. It gets a bit confusing lol.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  25. contra11mundum

You’re blaming all my waywardness on cigarettes and booze
    But I can’t walk a straight line without a drink or two
    And your expectations always where me out
    If I was a younger man I’d slap those words right back into your mouth
    Well if this is found then I’d rather be lost
    I was born a broken man and that’s how I will end it all
    The words come, your back turns, its the last I see your face

MAYBE IT’S JUST BETTER THAT WAY

disambigujason and teebs41 like this.