Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emery - Eve (November 9, 2018) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Aug 22, 2018.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Give YWNA more spins! Way better than we do what we want. That is their worst

2. atlas

Trusted

We Do What We Want isn’t great but it has three (3) classic Emery jams imo: I’m Not Here For Rage, The Curse of Perfect Days and Addicted to Bad Decisions

coleslawed likes this.
  3. Lucas27

Trusted

I always repeat myself on this site, but I’ll say this again, YWNA has grown on me as much as any album. I was not super impressed with it for the first year it came out but it’s since grown on me and I’d probably put it at #2 right behind In Shallow Seas and right above The Question. It’s terrific.

Both that album and mwY’s Pale Horses were released in a year where so much amazing music was put out and they were the unfortunate albums that got overshadowed for me, but both have aged unbelievably well. I mean, they were always excellent. I was just distracted. Ha.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  4. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I had such a strong negative reaction to IOAM when it came out that even though I’ve listened to WDWWW way less, IOAM is far and away my least favorite.

Petit nain des Îles and teebs41 like this.
  5. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I'm only a man is their most underrated record imo

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Man isn’t that bad, go back to it

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Vinyl is being made!

8. This

9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

10. Lucas27

Trusted

I still can't get into IOAM as a whole. I'm going to do a discography run again soon though. It's gonna be a whole lot of Emery, Mae, and mewithoutYou this Fall.

11. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Yea I’ve revisited it a lot and while there are some songs I like there’s just so much more I dislike lol

Petit nain des Îles and teebs41 like this.
  12. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Potential hot take: I've never been particularly impressed with Emery lyrics. Don't get me wrong they've got some good ones it's just not their strongsuit imo.

13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Depends on song or album, but I think YWNA is insanely impressive. The way they vaguely made all of the songs stories from the Bible. I suggest listening to that with genius up.

14. kyle Aug 26, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 26, 2018)
    What was the first song released for Shallow Seas? That song was a punch in the face and needed to be played at max volume.

EDIT:

15. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Loved YWNA. Excited for this.

16. Lucas27

Trusted

Best Emery song IMO. And one of the best opening tracks in general.

17. I remember ap.net freaking out about it like it was yesterday. If I recall correctly, the pre-release singles that followed Cutthroat Collapse were Piggy Bank Lies and The Poor & The Prevalent. The latter debuted on a webradio, and it reminds me of the good old days of listening to shitty 96kbps myspace/BBC1/radio rips of upcoming songs. That era was one hell of a comeback for them.

beachdude42 and The Mysterious like this.
  18. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Does Devin sing at all on We Do What We Want?

Edit: Other than on Crumbling. But that's a bonus track.

19. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

Addicted to Bad Decisions

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  20. Crisp X Aug 27, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 27, 2018)
    I think he's only present on Addicted to Bad Decisions. Everything else is Toby and Matt, and Josh.

edit: beat me to it!

21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I love this band sooo much, can’t wait for this album

22. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

BACKERS GETTING A SINGLE FRIDAY. HYPE.

awakeohsleeper and beachdude42 like this.
  23. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Fuck yes

24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

YES!!!!!!

beachdude42 likes this.
  25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

where was this announced?

beachdude42 likes this.