Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emery - Eve (November 9, 2018) Album • Page 27

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Live yes. Josh used to be more prominent. I don't think he did any screams in the studio since We Do What We Want. He does the shouty vocals in Cutthroat Collapse for example.

teebs41 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  2. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

speaking of josh is he on this record

teebs41 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Probably not but there are a few keys parts for him to play lol

coleslawed likes this.
  4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

5. jordanjohnson09

Regular

i threw the set last night in the tour thread, someone else was interested in it there

Nate_Johnson and teebs41 like this.
  6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Pretty good

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  7. Gooddayz

always and forever

Doesn't Josh scream in YWNA on what's stopping you? I've always thought that was his only moment in YWNA, but I could be completely wrong.

8. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

Josh let me hold the mic and scream "ARE YOU LISTENING?" for Walls so life basically just goes downward from here

9. The Mysterious Nov 12, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 12, 2018)
    The Mysterious

This was the venue floor and there were less than 100 people attending; great food, just a fantastic medium for this band and their fanbase at this point in their career. We both agreed we'd never been more comfortable at a concert before, what a lovely date night.

[​IMG]

It's solid, right? My only complaint is that they didn't throw Shame in there towards the back end, but Streets of Gold more than made up for it live. Holy crap, did it make up for it. Surprisingly the crowd knew all the words to the new songs

10. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I guess the album came out for backers at the beginning of October and then they shared the leak a week before pre-orders so it's cool for them that that has paid off in terms of people knowing the lyrics. I feel like I could mostly sing along at this point.

The Mysterious and teebs41 like this.
  11. This looks so cosy. I imagine the guys all suited up playing the second part of Thrash, which would be the cherry on top.

12. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Pretty stoked to go to this Friday!

The Mysterious and teebs41 like this.
  13. contra11mundum

On a side note, I can’t imagine having written a song like “Shame” and not playing it live. But that’s just me, lol.

The Mysterious likes this.
  14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Weird bc they were playing it before the album came out too so it’s not like they don’t know it. Since they started they’ve always done mostly Toby songs and like 4-5 Devin songs at every set so I’m wondering if it’s a matter of Devin wanting to do streets of gold instead

15. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

This might be my favorite of theirs since The Question. Really loving this record.

16. contra11mundum

Streets of Gold and Shame are my two favorites on the album, so at least they’re doing one haha

teebs41 and The Mysterious like this.
  17. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

It's hard for me to pick a favourite Emery record at this point of their career but it's up there with my favourites.

18. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

I'm so glad the didn't want to top the heaviness of Trash on this record, like 'you would think Thrash was heavy, well this song is heavier'.

Altough I would really want to hear something more like the end of Trash from them.That kind of smoothness from Toby is just amazing.

19. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I still cling to the Weak's End haha. Don't think they've ever topped it for me.

teebs41 and The Mysterious like this.
  20. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

The Weak's End, The Question, In Shallow Seas... this... they're my interchangeable top four now! I know what you mean about The Weak's End though - there's something wonderful about it. Great songs, fantastic and emotional dual vocals, the rawness of a debut and a healthy dose of nostalgia - they all come in to play. But yeah, I can't commit when it comes to this band!

Gooddayz, teebs41 and The Mysterious like this.
  21. The Mysterious

Some kid shouted "IS THAT YOU, MICHAEL BUBLE" when Thrash ended, so you can't possibly be the only one imagining this haha. They used to dress up for shows like a decade ago! Back in 2010 the whole band walked onstage wearing matching Hawaiian shirts/cargo shorts/aviator sunglasses for a show in Arizona that I was at.

Kind of goofy, but it's a bummer bands don't do stuff like that anymore. "Suit shows" were big in the scene for two or three years back in the day.

22. I do remember them being dressed all in white during the I'm Only A Man era.

23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

In love with this thread right now

I’m in the camp of an interchangeable top 5

Shallow seas
    Weaks end
    The question
    This
    Ywna

All amazing records from them. And the other 2 I still really like and listen to quite a bit

24. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Yea good discussion in here.

1. YWNA

2. TWE
    3. ISSWS
    4. TQ/Eve

6. WDWWW
    7. IOAM

Emery records are really hard for me to rank because I phased in and out of following them for a bit and thus didn’t emotionally connect much to ISSWS. But it’s obviously so damn good I don’t need to fully connect to give it a high spot. I also didn’t care much for TWE aside from like 3 songs until the past few years when I started to really appreciate its sparseness. I think it’s the most emotionally powerful one.

teebs41 likes this.
  25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s pretty much a miracle that the weaks end sounds as good as it does, especially since they recorded it on their own dime.