Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emery - Eve (November 9, 2018) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Aug 22, 2018.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

My guess single won’t be far off, I know they already shot a music video

2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Going now!

3. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I still think the decisions these guys make are odd. They revealed this album title at a Q&A at a show but give next to no information to all the backers who funded the album last year!

I'll forgive them if it's as good as In Shallow Seas We Sail... just don't put it out too near [Untitled] please!

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

The wait has been forever. I backed this when it was first announced and I wanna say that was April or May of 2016? Sometime in the Summer if not.

Hoping for something truly special.

5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I knew it wouldn’t be out when they said it would lol.

The q and a thing isn’t really that big of a deal.

They put out that the album was being mixed this week, I think that’s a bigger deal than title anyway.

Im probably more excited for this than Mewithoutyou ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

It was actually in 2017, but they said it would be available by October/November last year so it’s 10 months late currently.
    I’d take mewithoutYou over Emery every day of the week. For me, Emery have only put out good level albums for the last two releases. Their last incredible, blow me away album was In Shallow Seas. Whilst I was extremely pleased Devin is back and writing, nothing is going to beat mewithoutYou for excitement. They’re the only band where I feel genuinely quite thankful I’m still alive when they put something out.

My point is that they’re putting drips of information out but they haven’t had the courtesy to email backers for a long time. The order of priorities make you think a band cares or doesn’t care. I knew the album would be late because the last two were late but I’ve found the lack of communication has finally become a mild irritation to me.

I guess I’d just expect some exclusive early info at the very least to tide me over for waiting.

Oh well, it’ll all be over in a few weeks and we’ll have a hopefully beautiful gem of an album to jam! It’s no big deal in the long term, I just feel like I’ve tried to really financially support this band over the years as much as I can.

coleslawed and teebs41 like this.
  7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I love mwy I just love emery more ha

8. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Not going to hold that against you, haha!

9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

yea this thing is going to be worth the effing wait

11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

also looks like the albums going to be out in November or December

12. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

It's probably not likely because he's not a part of the studio process, but I really hope we get some of Josh's screams on this album. Haven't heard him on an LP since In Shallow Seas.

edit: lead guitar from 3:40 onwards vaguely sounds like a Legend of Zelda song haha

Petit nain des Îles and teebs41 like this.
  13. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

This sounds great! I wonder if that's the first single.

teebs41 likes this.
  14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

So I wrote on beaus Instagram that I could see them leaning more into a straight up alt rock sound on this album, and beau liked my comment... so maybe I’ll get what I want

15. atlas

Trusted

been doin' a discography run to hype myself up for whatever forthcoming news we're gonna get and goddamn these guys are just such a good, consistent band. insane harmonies and melodic sense basically every single song. there are so many terrible bands that came out of this scene/style in the mid 2000s and these guys hold up better than basically all of them

16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Vintage limited t-shirts available. I remember that black t-shirt from back in the day.

17. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Interested in this but the only album I really like by them is Shallow Seas.

18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Shallow seas is probably their best by a wide margin but my favorite is ywna

19. When The Question was released I was blown away. Melodic, heavy, catchy - I loved it.

beachdude42, airik625 and teebs41 like this.
  20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Which is how I feel about ywna as well. I don’t understand why people didn’t like that album.. I think it has some of the bands best melodies

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  21. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

The Weak's End/The Question is their best work imo.

22. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

The Question / In Shallow Seas We Sail are my two picks for that category.

23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

4 amazing albums
    1 good album
    1 okay album

Im hoping for another in the amazing category by years end

Also they posted that the mastering is done yesterday

24. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I was in a weird music funk when shallow seas came out so I didn’t connect with it much but I think regardless YWNA is their best and my favorite. I was floored when I first heard it.

coleslawed and teebs41 like this.
  25. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

It’s funny, I just think the last two albums have lacked something. I’ve put it down to the lack of Devin’s writing but it might also be to do with production choices. I love the first four albums enough to never give up on this band.

YWNA is a lot better than I give credit for as well - it is a great album, I just don’t get the songs stuck in my head for some reason. Whereas I can sing the lyrics or hum the melodies for pretty much every track from the first four! Maybe I just didn’t give it enough time upon release and they didn’t embed into my head.

It’s hard to rank all the albums anyway, I just know WDWWW is in last place.