Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emery - 4 EPs/LP8 (May 7, 2020) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, May 7, 2019.

1. teebs41 May 7, 2019
    (Last edited: May 7, 2019)
    teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Emery released the first of 4 quarterly eps that will make up lp8 due 5/7/2020.

The first ep is titled Dead End and features four new songs.

cover.jpg

EP1 Dead End

1. This Town
    2. The Noose
    3. The Road Beneath My Feet
    4. Some of Us

The ep is currently exclusive to “Emeryland” members. For more information on Emeryland and the new project go to their website,
    Emerymusic.com.

latortuga likes this.
  2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I love this EP btw.

@Dog with a Blog sounds pretty different than EVE so def worth checking out! Since I know you’re a fan but didn’t like that record.

Immediately I like the production a bit more on these tracks. The mix isn’t as raw, more polished.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  3. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

This band keeps innovating with their models to financially sustain what they do and keep making quality music. Looking forward to hearing these releases.

Petit nain des Îles and teebs41 like this.
  4. kyle May 7, 2019
    (Last edited: May 7, 2019)
    I love the band but didn’t get into Eve. I’ll give these a shot, though.

airik625 and teebs41 like this.
  5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

The piano driven parts on the ep are awesome, and I always love Matt’s guitar tone through his ac15

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

The drums sound unreal good on this ep

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

8. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

I'm liking the piano on these. The first song kinda gave me The Question vibes, but overall I don't think these songs sound like anything they've really done before. After two listens I definitely want more and I'm excited to see what else they come up with, and I wonder how the album will sound since they are writing these all at different times.

awakeohsleeper and teebs41 like this.
  9. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

coleslawed likes this.
  10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

awesome, can't wait for you to hear it!

11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

are you in the discord?

12. chhholly123

I mean I contributed to the IGG so technically yes, but I haven't posted

teebs41 likes this.
  13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

its actually pretty cool if you havn't read through it. I was talking to Matt Carter about guitar amps in there last night. It's a cool idea, i doubt it will be super active all the time but it was enjoyable at launch.

chhholly123 likes this.
  14. chhholly123

I'll have to check it out. I wonder whose idea this was... always thought of twitch and discord as gamer apps haha.

teebs41 likes this.
  15. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

They were! but they're growing outside of gaming slowly.

16. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Call me old fashioned, but I really don't like the, "we're going to release 4 separate EPs that will then be combined into one LP later on!" thing. I also am spoiled and don't want to pay extra for music.

EDIT: I'll probably buy the full length next year. It might sound crazy, but I will wait until then to listen. I like full album listening experiences instead of listening to a quarter at a time over a year.

17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

yea I guess its a bit different, but the idea is to give fans a constant influx of new music... for as long as they possibly can. It's going to be pretty cool when we have 16 songs in a year, and then next year they keep coming in. If they remain at this quality I think it will be worth it, if the quality drops then we will see.

18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Okay, I got some clarification on discord.

All the songs on the LP will be from the EPs

HOWEVER, not all of the songs on the EPs will be on the LP.

Devin said, 12 song LP while the EPs will contain 16 songs... Which seems silly when you have the material but.. maybe they want to make sure the best songs end up on the record.

Micah511 likes this.
  19. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I'm with you - I like that they're trying new things but the pricing for this is what makes me a bit confused. The best price is the Indiegogo and you're talking $30. If you are just out for the music, you're basically paying double what you would usually pay once it comes out.
    This answer and the fact that they can do no wrong musically and are one of the most consistent bands around is what means I'll part with my money! I usually only contribute to these things if it's the same as the post-release price (ie. $10-12 for an album). Maybe this discord thing will feel like I get a bit more value.

teebs41 likes this.
  20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

The discord is awesome. The way I see it, I’m not just paying for these 16 songs but paying for 16 songs a year for as long as it runs.

21. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

But my understanding is that the membership is only for a year? We'll have to pay again next year. I guess if you've chosen the rolling option, but then you will be continuing payment as well.

teebs41 likes this.
  22. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I’m on the fence with this. Love them and want to support them, but I’m not really interested in the online community part. I really just want the music, and I’m more of a full album guy.

Ill probably end up supporting it eventually haha.

Lucas27 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I think that’s the beauty of it, you can always pick up the album next year. This is more for people like me who need constant emery injected into their veins!

24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

According to last.fm I’ve played the ep 44 times, I think I’ll pull off for a bit lol

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  25. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I’m not big on The Noose.

Preferred the direction of Eve.

I’m confident I’ll like more stuff they do in the future though.

mattylikesfilms likes this.