Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emery – “To Serve and Protect” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Emery teamed up with Aaron Sprinkle for a new song (and video) in response to the murder of George Floyd and the protests across the country:

This week we were stirred to action and inspired by the global community’s response to George Floyd’s murder. We’ve often and in this case been too slow to see the perspectives of others, so in this case we have attempted to do what we can to help the cause of ending police violence. Our little team here at Emery worked together to see if we could write a song and produce the music and video to express some of the anger and confusion that we feel. We asked our favorite musical collaborator and pal Aaron Sprinkle to be involved and also sing on the track. The process was about 4 days long and this video includes footage shot and sent to us by the members of Emeryland Community and The BadChristian Club from who attended protests all around the world in order to make their voices heard and because black lives matter.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Great song

3. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

So good, I'm glad they've come forward with this message in an angry song, should be more out there.

The Black Parade likes this.