Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emarosa Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Where can I get these

2. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Bryan Diem likes this.
  3. Kristen

Regular

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  4. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Okay, this album is my second favorite of the year so far. The only album coming out that I could see knocking it to third is Anthony Green's in September. I haven't loved an album this much in awhile.

5. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Spent some time with the new record after buying it last week. I feel like it kind of drags at the beginning but the second half is so good. "Young Lonely" and "Blue" are definitely my favorite songs. I also don't know if the TREOS reference in "Re" was intentional, but I enjoyed it either way. This is probably been discussed before but I'm too lazy to read the thread.

6. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I never really cared for TREOS, what's the reference?

I think I agree with it "dragging" because the sound seems to be pretty post-hardcorey on the first 3-4 tracks before splitting off, which is confusing because this is supposed to be them leaving that sound behind.

7. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

The start of this record is one my favorite album beginnings ever. Hurt to One Car Garage is flawless, Sure is great, and then Miracle is my favorite single from the album.

beachdude42 likes this.
  8. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Sorry for double post, but closest thing to a drag on the album is Young Lonely, and even that is great and has some of the best vocals on the album (which is saying a lot). haha I might go full fangirl for this album.

beachdude42 and Bryan Diem like this.
  9. Bryan Diem

Trusted

The choruses of those first two just seem so...blunt and Rise Records-y. I dunno. Absolutely adore the verses, but then Sure might be my favorite song on the record, and the string of three singles also being up there.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  10. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I don't really think they're that Rise. I think it would be odd if the band did nothing even a little heavy though. I don't know, I really like both of the choruses, especially Hurt. I also like a good few Rise albums though so maybe it is just something I never thought about.

11. TellYourFriends

Lexington, KY Prestigious

It has Jason Vena of Acceptance though!

beachdude42 and Benjamin Lee like this.
  12. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I actually didn't know this. Haha I never really got into Acceptance so I don't really know his voice or anything. But that's really cool, I know Bradley loves them.

beachdude42 and TellYourFriends like this.
  13. TellYourFriends

Lexington, KY Prestigious

beachdude42 and Bryan Diem like this.
  14. Bryan Diem

Trusted

There's a few Rise albums I'm crazy about, I just meant it was jarring to hear because I was expecting nothing like that based off what Bradley said.

15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Love Young Lonely.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  16. Kristen

Regular

It's grown on me and is now a stand out track! Such a catchy chorus

beachdude42, Benjamin Lee and Cameron like this.
  17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Never listened to TREOS, but there's also that r&b song reference in Helpless.

18. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

As a fan of The Dear Hunter, I don't like TREOS. I think Casey is much better off doing what he's doing now.

19. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

The "this is the last night in my body" part is from their song "Planning A Prison Break." Sounds like they were paying homage to it.

20. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I've been returning to this album a bit more lately. Man, Bradley has some pipes. But I still stand by my previous critique, the band is next to non-existent. There should've been a bit more of a balance. The only times where my ears fully acknowledge the guitar parts is when ER hits a lower power chord. His leads on songs like Sure and Never should stand out more imo.

Top tracks for me go:
    Sure
    Hurt
    Never
    Young Lonely
    Re

Helpless and Porcelain are in my opinion, the worst this band has done. Bradley is trying too much on Helpless, and Porcelain is just tiring and goes nowhere.

MrDaveH likes this.
  21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Love both Porcelain and Helpless.

22. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Hey, opinions are like...you know the saying.

I may be in the minority, it's just that those songs are repeats of what they've already done, and when Bradley repeats the same thing over and over it gets to be a bit hard of a listen.

MrDaveH likes this.
  23. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Seeing Helpless live solidified it for me as one of my favorite tracks by them... everyone was having a blast when they played it, and the energy they brought to it instrumentally made it even better than the studio version. Also, I definitely don't think Helpless is much at all like previous Emarosa songs. I'd argue it's kind of a first for them actually.

24. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I thoroughly enjoy the first half and ending of the album, but yeah the rest just didn't do much for me. Sure is my absolute jam.

25. MrDaveH

Regular

I'm there with you. Helpless, vocally, seems very similar to what he did with Say Hello to the Bad Guy.
    Soon as I heard the song I was like "Oh, okay, so he's doing this again..."
    I skip that and Miracle every time now.

carrytheweight likes this.