Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emarosa Band • Page 32

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Mar 5, 2016.

1. About Bradley, I stumbled upon this tweet too

This is (was? haven't heard that name since ap.net ended) Strange Vacation's singer btw

2. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Which band were they in together, do you know?

3. I just looked it up and I'm surprised to find out he was actually in a former incarnation of Strange Vacation. They used to be called That Was Something, which I guess he was part of, then The Boys Of Summer, which I remember from the ap.net days.

edit: Perhaps not "former incarnation" to be exact, but ex-members of that band went onto the latters further down the line. My memory is blurry.

Jacob Tender and tyramail like this.
  4. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

That’s what I was thinking. The history of these older bands blend together so much for me it’s hard to remember. Thanks!

Crisp X likes this.
  5. Yeah... That Was Something's facebook page shows that he was their lead singer. Their latest post congratulates him for joining Emarosa.

6. digitalsea

hate my favorite band Supporter

7. Interesting that he left out the bit about their age, knowingly misgendered them, and then announced that he plans to sue them for defamation.

He’s in for a ride. The survivor has proof, witnesses, and will be filing a police report and acquiring counsel Monday. They were ready for this.

8. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I’m not on here much anymore but as a huge fan of this band... that is possibly the worst statement like this I’ve EVER seen. It’s really not an apology at all, just setting up his defense. Jesus Christ I’m so disappointed in this whole mess.

9. Considering his own former bandmates and people from his area were starting to come against him as well... dude is in denial. What a desperate move and an horrid statement.

beachdude likes this.
  10. danielm123

Trusted

Yeah, didn't have "semi-apologize to the accuser and then say your suing them" in my expectations from this apology... especially after he took two months to make it

beachdude likes this.
  11. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Never listened to Miss Fortune, but I get some The Cab vibes from this

12. Bane

The spiciest meme

Ew

tyramail and Cameron like this.
  13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah

14. Daniel182

New album on the way. I wasn't the biggest fan of Peach Club, but Versus and 131 are both solid.

15. mattylikesfilms Oct 19, 2021
    (Last edited: Oct 19, 2021)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

If we’re talking strictly music then yeah - I enjoy Versus a lot and absolutely adore 131. Peach Club is half killer half filler but doesn’t hold a candle to Versus or 131 for me.

With all that said; I don’t know what’s going on with Bradley and/or Emarosa with all the stuff the came out..

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Fuck this band

JamesMichael likes this.
  17. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Do they have a new singer?

danielm123 likes this.
  18. He groomed a kid. Deleted all of his tweets and stayed hushed about it for months after they came forward. Finally (kind of) copped to it on Twitter, repeatedly and knowingly misgendering his victim, while simultaneously threatening them with legal action in the background (He backed off when he found out they had the receipts). Then he deleted those tweets too. He's a master at pretending things didn't happen.

What else do you want to know?

Nope. Bradley's never leaving. Every time he fucks up, he and ER just get new bandmates that can tolerate his ego.

beachdude and Cameron like this.
  19. Daniel182

Didn't Bradley post something a while back about this being reconciled and handled? His tweets are gone now, but I distinctly remember it.

Matt504 likes this.
  20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Well if he posted about it then it must be true

21. Yep. He did, but it didn't happen like he wanted his fans to believe. If you followed his victim at the time (they've been chased offline now by his fans and friends who made sock puppet accounts to torment them), they gave details on that conversation. He misgendered them again, failed to admit exactly what harm was done, etc. He even tweeted at some other people the next day calling his victim a liar. That's when he deleted all his tweets again.

Here's the thing people who have known him long enough understand. Bradley has a massive ego. That ego has driven him to hurt a LOT of people. More than the public will ever know. And I don't think he's ever meaningfully apologized for anything. He knows the words to say and it usually works because he's very charismatic. He waits until things blow over, then wipes any history of it ever happening. He's *extremely* conscious of his brand and identity online. (See: Bradley Walden -> Bradley Scott -> Badley Scott, etc.) It's a pattern and I think 85%+ of the people who have worked with him closely in the past are on the same page about how he uses people and the harm he's done in his personal relationships.

WeWereGiants, beachdude and Contender like this.
  22. Jacob Tender Oct 20, 2021
    (Last edited: Oct 20, 2021)

The quoted tweets are gone, and If I can find copies of them, I'll update this post, but this thread summarizes his "response" at the time it happened.

Edit: Here's Bradley's tweet saying things were "resolved." Here's his victim's initial tweet after he posted that.

23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I wasn’t saying I’m unaware of what happened - I meant in terms of what they’re even gonna do going forward because the damage Bradley caused is pretty damn bad.

24. I heard word through some mutual contacts back in February that they were in talks with some unnamed German label to continue putting out music. That is was basically just ER and Bradley moving forward and everyone else from the last album cycle was leaving.

I don't know if any of that has panned out to be true. I really don't pay any attention to the band anymore. People just come to me with stuff because we're all in awe they continue to be a thing.

25. Daniel182

So far it does look like only Bradley and ER in the teaser pictures, so that is probably true.

beachdude and mattylikesfilms like this.