Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emarosa Band • Page 31

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Mar 5, 2016.

1. bobbyblakem

Does anyone else think that "Ready to Love" sounds a lot like "Yours" by Now Now?

anonimito and AWasteOfATime like this.
  2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Solid track just like most of Peach Club.. however.. I just listened to 131 from start to finish and wow. That will always be my favorite era of this band.

Happy for Bradley and co. regardless and I hope they only pick up more fans in 2020.

beachdude and anonimito like this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Matt504, anonimito and beachdude like this.
  4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

So I was re-listening to Acceptance's Phantoms for the first time in a while... I was struck by how similar the melody AND lyrics of one line in "Over You" sounded to something I'd heard before. The line is: "Make this now or never", which repeats a few times in the song. It wasn't the first time I'd thought that, so I did some digging...

Turns out Jonny Craig blatantly ripped off that line on "Set It Off Like Napalm" from Relativity. Literally the same lyrics AND virtually identical melody (just in a different pitch). I'd give him the benefit of the doubt (lol) except Relativity came out only 3 years after Phantoms, and it sounds almost exactly the same. Not a huge deal, just thought it was funny.

(About 1:34 in this song is the best example)

(1:53 in this song)

5. thankunext

6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Fuuuuuck

7. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Jesus Christ

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Goddammit

9. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Damn...

10. As shocking as their story is to read, it's not exactly surprising to me that it happened. It squares with everything I know about Bradley Walden's ability to charm and exploit others. I'm livid over this. He stayed with my family on at least two occasions. Once on this same tour and once after the Squid reunion at Bled Fest. That I let a monster like this in the same house as my own sister is something I'll have to live with for the rest of my life. Fuck him and anyone that stands by him.

I commend the victim for coming forward and hope they find justice. If website rosters are any indication, it looks like the band has been dropped by both Hopeless and Roc Nation. That's a start.

11. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

after this band has now had two different monsters for their singer....they definitely need to quit. sorry.

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Have they not given a response?

13. radio silence

14. JamesMichael

I can’t see the band coming back from this unfortunately. Hopefully the remaining members can start a new band or move on into others.

15. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Normally I would agree, but maybe these dudes just need to step away. They let Jonny hang around this scene way too long, and it seems they've now done the same with Bradley.

K0ta likes this.
  16. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

At this point, only 1 of their members was in the band during the Jonny era. There isn’t much of Emarosa left.

17. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

The fact that JC replied to that person's tweet with "jesus christ and im always the bad guy?" still makes me so sick

Embarrassed I ever listened to and supported this band after the JC stuff tbh

Cameron and JamesMichael like this.
  18. JamesMichael

Why am I not surprised by Jonny’s response. I was waiting for him to chime in.

K0ta likes this.
  19. ER is the only original member left. Will, Jordan, Lukas, and Jonas were the only other long-term members when Bradley joined and they all had enough sense at some point to bow out (too late, in my opinion). That said, the band needs to end. It stands for too much hurt anymore to continue. There's no reason to carry on the name.

sawhney[rusted]2 and K0ta like this.
  20. What does that even mean? He's speaking as if there can only be one terrible human being at a time. Sad that after so many stints in rehab and interventions by people that want to see him succeed that he's still incapable of growth or introspection.

K0ta likes this.
  21. K0ta

He's just truly that terrible. I have had my own personal run ins with him on tour that I have spoken about on this site, can confirm from personal experience he's as garbage as everybody says and has been since the beginning.

sawhney[rusted]2 and tyramail like this.
  22. Bane

The spiciest meme

Yea at this point the band is cursed, what the fuck. And by cursed I mean the band members really have awful judgement, regardless of most not being around for JC.

K0ta likes this.
  23. I too have had the misfortune on a few occasions. I made my start in music journalism cracking open the Macbook scandal with some guys from MindEqualsBlown, as I'm sure you recall. Fuck Jonny, Fuck Bradley. Burn it all down.

Crisp X and K0ta like this.
  24. K0ta

Yes I definitely remember it! I thought that would kill his career finally, but the guy just keeps getting chance after chance.

25. JamesMichael

Unbelievable he got another record deal after those abuse claims last year. I can’t deny he has a good voice but damn this guy has had waaaaay too many chances.

Jonny could have had a huge career but he really fucked it up for himself again and again.