Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emarosa Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Mar 5, 2016.

1. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Just pre-ordered the album!

beachdude42 likes this.
  2. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Love this band. Love Bradley. Love the new track. I see this album taking off with the really great foundation Versus laid. This song is an indication of great things to come.

beachdude42 likes this.
  3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Listened again now it's on YouTube and I really don't like this song. It has like zero memorable vocal melodies.

Also does anyone else think the guy looks like Max Bemis?

4. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Anyone think Jonny is sour?

beachdude42 likes this.
  5. SpyKi

What a fucking lame guy. He should probably keep his mouth shut considering the amount of bland boring songs he's put out with Slaves.

Benjamin Lee and beachdude42 like this.
  6. SpyKi

imagine being so pathetic you have to bad mouth your old bands new material for no reason..

Benjamin Lee and beachdude42 like this.
  7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

what an idiot, over an over and over again

beachdude42 and SpyKi like this.
  8. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah, that and New War.

9. beachdude

Wow Jonny is salty as FUCK.

10. beachdude

11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Fuck JC.

12. SpyKi

#GFYJC

FTank likes this.
  13. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Am I the only one pretty let down by the last two songs released? Cloud 9 was good, but these last two songs felt like diluted Versus songs. There's no aggression, and it feels like the focus is on Bradley who is just swooning the whole time. I hope the rest of the album shows a bit more feeling.

14. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I LOVE Cloud 9 and Helpless, but I'm not as into Miracle.

15. beachdude

I really dig all three songs but that's to be expected haha

16. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I love all 3, but I guess I could kiiiiinda understand if you didn't like the musical direction of Miracle. It's nothing too flashy. But man I'm so into all three so far.

beachdude42 likes this.
  17. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of what this band has done with Brad. But, these songs don't touch Versus. Miracle felt like the whole song is a one liner over and over.

18. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Fair enough, I just think that the primary lyric is extremely potent and can carry the whole song.

19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Song was good. Haven't heard the Helpless or Hopeless one yet. Really enjoyed Versus so I'm sure they'll hit another stride with this.

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Excited to listen to the new album.

beachdude42 likes this.
  21. beachdude

The album thread is dead sadly... discuss over there when you're done haha! I'm in love with this record.

22. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I got Versus and 131 at Warped tour kind of on impulse (had only heard Cloud 9, Miracle and the EP they did with Aaron Marsh prior) and they could become a new favorite band of mine honestly. Both of these albums are flawless.

Daniel182, Bryan Diem and beachdude42 like this.
  23. Bryan Diem

Trusted

The Jonny stuff is great too, but if you can't get past his personality, no one will blame you. New Emarosa is god-tier, this new record is stupendous, especially the final 2/3s

beachdude42 likes this.
  24. SpyKi

The EP is still easily my favorite thing this band's done, haha. I wish that guy wasn't making such bad music these days.

25. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I have a hard time getting into anything Jonny, I just got Downtown Battle Mountain II at Warped though so maybe I can slowly push myself into his stuff. I feel it'll be easier for me to get into Jonny with DGD than with Emarosa though.

beachdude42 likes this.