Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emarosa Band • Page 18

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Criticism is always going to be a part of art, or life in general. It really comes down to how to work or cope with it. Blocking everyone that doesn't share the same feeling as you doesn't do anything, so why bother?

2. Bradley Walden

Newbie Verified

Oh man. You guys have no idea what thick skin is. Try being in this band for 5 years now and having to smile and nod to “fans” comments about Jonny and the old sound and post hardcore, how much better 07’ was etc.

TRY to look at it from our perspective, just for a minute.

No one is getting blocked for not liking a song, we’re just not entertaining negativity and dick head comments.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and how they feel but we ARE NOT OBLIGATED to oblige these entitled opinions of what the band should sound like. There are many platforms to voice your opinion, we just got someone to take care of the trolls for us.

I hope in my taking the time to pop in, you’ll try to realize this isn’t about thick skin or ego. It’s about protecting our brand and honestly for me it’s nice to not have to listen to entitled Jonny fans tell me what they think I should/shouldn’t be.

Thanks as always.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Dude, you just need to let the music talk for itself. It's far more damaging to this this than to simply ignore the assholes.

It's 2018, everyone should realize that twitter is a shithole, the internet is vile, and people suck. You can choose to let it get to you, or you can choose to rise above it.

4. azzy01

Regular

I mean if it's shit talk about Johnny etc then it's understandable, but I still don't think it's the right way to go .

5. Crisp X Nov 16, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 16, 2018)
    I don't know about y'all, but when I saw that those comments came from Reddit, I didn't have much faith in what caused these blocks. It's unfortunately common for bands to read thousands of positive comments, yet those that will stick out are often the most disrespectful ones which are part of a minority. It's all about voicing your opinion with decency.

They're in a weird position, because a good portion of their fanbase still looks up to Jonny's era despite everything that happened, instead of moving on. The band has changed, and sometimes a lot of fans get stuck in the past because of nostalgia. I can't imagine how tiring it must feel after a point. I hope the band doesn't let the negativity affect them too much.

This is one of those cases where I wish rock bands on a lower level of success were allowed to change it up as much as the big ones or as popstars, not only musically, but also in terms of brand, visuals, image, etc. Music doesn't have to be static. If you don't like something, just express it, but don't get too entitled and needy just because you didn't get what you wanted. Accept that what they're doing isn't for you anymore, and simply listen to something else. It's that simple. Otherwise, it's just unhealthy.

Or perhaps I got it all wrong and they're blocking everyone that didn't praise the song, but I'd rather think they're better than that.

6. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

It seems like the band want everyone to be accepting of the new stuff, but they still want the recognition they get from being Emarosa.

I don't know. If it bothers you as much as it looks, maybe a name change was the best route to go, but I also understand how damaging that can be for a band as well.

7. mattylikesfilms Nov 16, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 16, 2018)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Anytime I read someone complaining about missing Jonny and the old Emarosa sound- I just laugh. What Bradley has done since he came onboard essentially saved the band. Aside from the fact that 131 is a goddamn masterpiece- Bradley is just a better vocalist and overall human compared to Jonny.

While I don’t think deleting negative comments is the best route- I think the band can do whatever they want. Still happy to support and I already have preordered Peach Club on vinyl!

8. I hate the "they should have changed their name" argument. Nope, their fans need to move the fuck on and let them be what they want to be. It's the same problem everytime a rock band switches things up and it is so frustrating.

9. Like, yeah let's just give up their current income they worked their asses off for years and start over just because a portion of their fanbase doesn't appreciate their new sound. They're entering their thirties, it would be way too risky financially at this point.

mattylikesfilms and beachdude like this.
  10. Micah511

Chill my friend, I brought it up with the caveat of, "I know how damaging that can be for a band". There's no easy answer here. Most people became Emarosa fans because of Jonny. A lot of people can grow with a band, but some can't, and Jonny's personality and the people that gravitate to him can be a disgusting group of people that I'm sure give Bradley more crap than he ever deserves.

11. I'm chill, it was just a general rant. I agree though. This is why I just hope they'll gain a lot of new fans with the upcoming album. They deserve it.

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Surprised nobody has mentioned it yet, but I get a pretty heavy The 1975 influence from Givin Up. I love it.

JamesMichael and beachdude like this.
  13. irthesteve

So I realized today... I had never listened to 131 Reimagined, oops. Just did, it's great!

14. currytheword

Trusted

I think they're good renditions just like the last re-imagining release, but I find Bradley to be a bit much after a little and rarely return to them.

15. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I’m ready for that second single :crylaugh: I’m impatient

anonimito and JamesMichael like this.
  16. irthesteve

That's fair. The originals are definitely better, but I liked hearing new/different takes on them

17. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Are they ditching their trademark fox for this release?

beachdude likes this.
  18. beachdude

19. beachdude

Well hahaha looks like I willed this into existence! I really hope the 2nd single drops before I see them on Sunday.

20. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

That sucks! I liked what they had going on with the art. I’m probably biased though due to foxes being one of my favourite animals.

Looks like they are wanting to start fresh with this release. First single was solid so I’m stoked for the second single.

anonimito and beachdude like this.
  21. currytheword

Trusted

Very interesting when you look at where this band is now, where they started, and who’s left haha. No knocks, just thought about how I listened to this band when This Is Your Way Out was their only release. A post-hardcore synth metal band with a Christian vocalist, now a pop rock band with Bradley from Squid The Whale and only ER left. 3-4 guitarists, 2 bassists, 4 vocalists, and I honestly don’t know exactly who has done drums outside of Lukas.

mattylikesfilms and beachdude like this.
  22. Micah511

[​IMG]
    from r/dancegavindance earlier today.

Contender, currytheword and beachdude like this.
  23. beachdude

They’re a better band now imo haha... but yeah it’s been a wild ride for sure.

24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Muchhhhh better.

25. TellYourFriends

Lexington, KY Prestigious

Only 3 vocalist under the Emarosa name - and only 3 guitarist ever in a band with 2 guitars. Connor Dennis of Beartooth has done drums on the last two records.

Helpless was actually a demo from the Versus lineup which is funny to think about now.