Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emarosa Sign With Hopeless, Stream “Cloud 9”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Emarosa have signed with Hopeless Records and will release their new album, 131, on July 8th. You can watch the video for the new single “Cloud 9” on YouTube or by hitting read more.

2. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Can somebody explain the Fox thing to me because i don't understand it.

3. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

Oh Hopeless Records, always tossing in the crappy posters no one wants with their vinyl so that media mail shipping isn't an option.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  4. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I'm smitten with the song, but those shipping prices suck. Hopefully my little brother who is a huge Emarosa fan wants the poster.

5. tigereatsapple

love it!

6. hopeless killing it - this is a great track too

7. TheFrontBortles

Jonny is already throwing shade on twitter

8. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

9. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

That clown perpetually refuses to grow up. Song is terrific. I'm really glad these guys were able to move on after one guy almost single-handedly brought them to a screeching halt.

10. Eric Apr 28, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 28, 2016)
    Eric

Regular

Seems like a good move for them. There are still a lot of people who hate on them because they were on Rise or because of Jonny so hopefully this'll help them gain some new fans.

Edit: Song is damn good.

11. Eric

Regular

Haha like he has room to speak. The few songs I heard from Slaves were super boring and I used to be a huge Jonny fan

beachdude42 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  12. Jacob Davidson

Regular

He's super mad his band is fading away because of petty drama and sexual assault.

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

They mentioned how they wanted a mascot, so to speak, and saw the Fox as a symbol for strength ect. ect.

My last name means Fox in Hungarian so I been questioning getting a fox tattoo actually hah

Hilarious since Jonny can't write anything good these days. Slaves is garbage.

beachdude42 and Colby Searcy like this.
  14. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

song is great, and that'll quickly become one of the coolest vinyl covers in my collection

15. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Everything Emarosa has released since Jonny left is so much more interesting than anything Jonny has been a part of since he left Emarosa. Lol who is he kidding.

beachdude42, Eric and mattylikesfilms like this.
  16. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Even with all the nonsense in the blink thread today, this comment made my day.

17. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Foxes are dope af. Go for the gold bro. Love the fox mascot thing. Band's always been winter-y for me, so it's always worked in my mind.

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I still am figuring out where since I already have almost two sleeves done by this point (been getting tattooed for a decade now) but I most likely will. Thanks man!

I love Bradley's voice. I couldn't get into Versus as much as I hoped (liked some songs but that was it) I would since I LOVED Squid the Whale back in the day so hopefully this record catches on better with me.

19. Keagan Ilvonen

Awesome song, even better band, great signing and Jonny is a loser.

cybele, Eric, beachdude42 and 2 others like this.
  20. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Liked their second record, gonna check this out

21. danskoldberg

...and the fact that their god awful haha.

beachdude42 likes this.
  22. danskoldberg

This is the best song i've heard since they got a new singer.. still not psyched about the whole sound though. Their instrumentals used to be some of my favorite..

23. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Great track, no surprise there. This album will hopefully get them a bigger audience.

24. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I really liked that second Emarosa album but I feel like their career has kind of tailed off since then. Hope they can pick it up with Hopeless cause this is pretty good.