Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emarosa Announce New EP

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. defmytones

Regular

Wonder who produced this one. Aaron Marsh did a great job with Versus.

Mike likes this.
  3. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Didn't they "re-imagine" their last record too? Honestly there are a ton of bands doing this and it just seems to be a way to double down on material they've already released for a cash grab. Give us some new material!

4. defmytones

Regular

Each are only 4 song EP's. Plus with a voice like Bradleys I will never argue new/reimagined music from them.

GetUpAndrew likes this.
  5. I will never not cringe when I read "cash grab" about musicians.

6. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

I've loved how they re-worked their Versus songs on the previous EP, and I'm into this new version of Helpless. Can't wait to hear the whole thing.

7. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Fair, probably misspoke with cash grab as I doubt there's any significant amount of money on the table here but does every album really need to be "re-imagined" or re-recorded acoustically? More and more bands are doing it and it just seems like a way to artificially extend the record cycle. If they want to record a lower tempo album with minimal instrumentation, just write new songs in that vein, not sure why we need 2 alternate versions. Like, they literally just did this with their last album.

8. TellYourFriends

Lexington, KY Prestigious

It's Marsh.

9. myawrld

Regular

I find these rarely impact the time between releases and are just something done for fun between albums. In this specific case:
    2014 - Versus
    2015 - Versus Reimagined
    2016 - 131
    2017 - 131 Reimagined

That's content every year for the last four..not a bad pace in my opinion. I highly doubt they have calmed down all writing efforts when it comes to new songs to focus all of their attention on reimagined ones. This very well have could have been something fun they put together while they recorded new material. If they put out 131 Reimagined Pt 2 in 2018 you can feel free to call me out haha

Also cash grab? C'mon - This is their living - they put out music that they think their fans will be interested all while touring their asses off - wether you choose to buy is up to you. These aren't my style so I likely won't buy but cool for the fans that dig this sort of thing..which I think was the point.

10. Kristen

Regular

Would you rather get nothing from bands in between album cycles? It takes way less time than writing new material and is a good way to hold fans over until the next full album. I don't see anything wrong with it.

11. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I go to work as a cash grab. Fuck.

skogsraet and natefoundglory like this.
  12. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Kinda reminds me of the "remakes" and "remastering" going on in the videogame industry. In terms of music I can't think of any band I like that I wouldn't want to put out revisited/acoustic versions of their songs. As long as it's quality I'll always appreciate more music.

13. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Can't wait. Absolutely loved 131. Got a couple friends into them with that album as well. One Car Garage and Blue are two of my favorite songs off the album.

14. Mike

I was anticipating this release since they hinted at it months ago. After seeing the track listing, I'm not as excited as they're probably some of my least favourite songs from 131. Though that might change with the reimagining, and I'm still looking forward to listening to it when it's released.