Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emarosa’s Bradley Walden Responds to Allegations

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

I'll leave this thread here cause it says it better than I ever could

Crisp X, Contender, ItsAndrew and 6 others like this.
  3. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

He's using an awful lot of words just to basically say "you should have called the police"* and "you're hurting real victims".

*Yes, even if he highlighted the part about that specific woman.

artbynickferran likes this.
  4. aniafc

Trusted

He also misgendered them all throughout the statement. They go by they/them -- it's even in their twitter name on the account they used. Gotta assume that was intentional on his part.

Jacob Tender and artbynickferran like this.
  5. Jacob Tender Aug 31, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 31, 2020)
    I’ve already talked about this in a few other threads...

... but I will add that as a former close friend of Bradley’s who knows all of the people he was close to at the time this occurred, this doesn’t surprise many of us. The one thing he got right in this statement is that he’s treated a lot of people terribly. None so much as the survivor he’s addressing here with so much distain, but it’s a known pattern.

After booking him an audition on The Voice, which wouldn’t take him because of his criminal record (don’t ask, I still don’t know what that entails), he even asked me to be his manager. He had turned down Emarosa once and just left Squid at the end of the very tour he began his predatory relationship with the subject of this statement. He intended to go solo until Emarosa called again and he took the gig. I dodged a bullet there.

Fast forward a few years and albums later. We lost touch because he deemed me no longer useful or willing to do whatever he asked (this wasn’t the only instance of infidelity he was juggling at the time, I’ll say that much). All this to say that of our many mutual contacts at the time our relationship was tightest, I only know of two people who are still on good terms with him. One of them helped him screw me out of the money he owed for the domains I had registered for him. The rest have a story similar to mine in some way shape or form.

This is the last I plan to say on it. Believe the survivor. If he does intend to take them to court, they will need your support.

Tldr; Bradley Walden sucks. Nobody stays on his good side for very long. The survivor of his most heinous abuse was a child when he solicited nude photographs from them and they are to be believed.

Jfletch, K0ta, Crisp X and 6 others like this.
  6. RaginCajun

Better than you, sorry

She said they moved it to snapchat... and it has been years so it would be nearly impossible to get digital records. With that said I think the only winners here will be lawyers. I’m sorry this happened to them and millions of other teens around the world. I remember something wrong happened to me by a doctor... and I was in the my twenties.
    To parents out there, if you dont want to monitor and be invasive, then talk and prepare your kids for the dangers.