Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Email Issues, Notifications, Email Going to Spam

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jason Tate, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Currently I'm noticing that Gmail is putting registration emails in the SPAM folder for new registrations, so please check your spam folder if you're not seeing the email to register.

I'm going to look into this today, it definitely shouldn't be doing that, and I'll post any updates here.

2. Jason Tate Mar 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 7, 2016)
    OK, I have made some changes to how the forum sends email, so hopefully that will take care of some of the issues we were seeing earlier (like registration emails being marked as spam). All email from this website will be coming from do-not-reply@forum.chorus.fm. If something is not delivered, please check your SPAM folder for it (and click the not spam button on it).

Some other tips:
    1. By default when you post in a thread, you will automatically follow it. These threads can be found on your followed thread page. You can also choose to get an email notification when someone new posts in that thread (you'll only get the email for the first new post, until you visit the page again). This email option is off by default, but you can turn it on here, or individually with each thread you follow if you'd like.
    2. You can turn off email notifications on a thread-by-thread basis here. Select them, then use the menu at the bottom to turn them off.
    3. By default we send you an email when you get a new Private Message. If you do not want to get any emails when you get a private message, turn that off here.
    4. You can also turn off getting emails from us about cool new things (we barely ever send out any newsletters, but if you wanna make sure to never get anything for sure) — you can do that here.

3. Eric Wilson likes this.
  4. Sophos

Regular

sweet thanks for the heads up @Jason Tate , turned off what i needed to turn off :thumbup:

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks for the heads up. Also just changed back from Outlook to my old Gmail and that account change email was sent out just fine and promptly.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. Jason Tate likes this.