Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Elvis Depressedly Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Jun 3, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

2. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Zac Djamoos, CoffeeEyes17 and Cody like this.
  3. Collins

Trusted

Yeah new Alhambra was probably my AOTY. ease is my jam but the live version is even better.

4. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Content is coming. @nohandstoholdonto

Gonna listen to ED for the first time right now. Will report back. I have high hopes, but I doubt it will touch Posthumous Release, which really floored me

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  5. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Alright, I'm digging the hell out of New Alhambra as well. This one's on me. Should've gotten to him before.

6. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

i got New Alhambra and a ton of RFC albums for free this week but the cd tray on my notebook is broken :( never listened to it and i want to give it the physical treatment for the first spin. ugh

7. Deathco_019

Drummer

Absolutely following this thread now

8. nohandstoholdonto

New Alhambra is probably tied with Holo Pleasures for me as my second favorite release of his. It's a really great accomplishment, and actually has a lot of the elements that make me love PR so much, I just have much more of a personal attachment to PR.

9. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Those are my two favorites too I think

10. cwhit

last record is great, last song is something special

11. nohandstoholdonto

12. Collins

Trusted

Seeing them live is a party. Love their interpretations of the songs. They'll do a Coma track every now and then too

13. Collins

Trusted

Seeing them for a third time tomorrow night. So stoked. Recorded Elvis is something special, but seeing them live is a completely different experience. It's just like one big jam. The U Angel U/Cop Poet combo is the shit. And I know Matt hates touring so idk how many more times I'm going to have the chance to see them, so tomorrow should be a hell of a time

14. cwhit

15. Collins

Trusted

has anybody checked out his solo album? it's good

Daniel Brittain likes this.
  16. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I like most of ED output, Holo pleasures onwards was a tremendous step up though. I've barely touched the Coma Cinema stuff even though that seems to be more traditionally full albums, which is just me fucking up. Gotta remember to do that and the newer solo stuff

17. nohandstoholdonto

Posthumous Release is by far the best thing he's done imo. One of my favorite albums of all time, honestly.

18. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Cool, I trust yr judgement. The coma cinema stuff has been on my iPod forever since I nabbed them when they were free too. I hope I like it at least as much as the new ED stuff

19. Collins

Trusted

holo pleasures was my favorite too for a while, but have you spent much time with hotter sadness? that's probably my favorite release. it's a go to record for whenever i need to calm down and relax

20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I haven't no; his songwriting (and then, their songwriting) was so consistent that I didn't spend as much time with shorter releases in favor of the more is more mentality. I'll reacquaint myself with that material. The only thing I could never get down with was the first release.

21. Daniel Brittain

@supercooldan

mat's new solo record is great

Collins likes this.
  22. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

There's no coma thread, so:

Contender, cwhit and fame like this.
  23. cherrywaves

Trusted

Heck yeah