Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Elon Musk’s Billion-Dollar Crusade to Stop the A.I. Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Maureen Dowd, writing for Vanity Fair:

You’d think that anytime Musk, Stephen Hawking, and Bill Gates are all raising the same warning about A.I.—as all of them are—it would be a 10-alarm fire. But, for a long time, the fog of fatalism over the Bay Area was thick. Musk’s crusade was viewed as Sisyphean at best and Luddite at worst. The paradox is this: Many tech oligarchs see everything they are doing to help us, and all their benevolent manifestos, as streetlamps on the road to a future where, as Steve Wozniak says, humans are the family pets.

But Musk is not going gently.

2. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

spooky stuff

nl5011 likes this.
  3. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

It's fascinating that movies, television and literature have been (relatively accurately) presenting this future to us for decades, and yet we continue to steer into it. I'm not sure if I'm surprised by the fact...but it's certainly frightening, especially when people on the cutting edge of innovation like them are raising the alarm.