Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ellie Goulding Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Garrett, Mar 9, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

2. irthesteve

Close to Me is #2 on pop radio right now, had no idea it was a success actually

3. irthesteve

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I got an alert that she had a show coming up, but its a garbage show in NY.

5. It's... frustrating how uninspired and generic her music has become post-Halcyon Days, still hoping for a few bops on the album.

SpyKi likes this.
  6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The beat definitely bops in the middle, but I'm definitely tired of all of these pop tracks about age or nostalgia. Its weird how everyone seems to have one.

7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I really, really like sixteen

8. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

gently bracing myself for disappointment regarding the album.

Halcyon Ellie forever in our hearts.

SpyKi likes this.
  9. irthesteve

I feel like she's at some sort of loss for what to do musically right now. This song, Close To Me and Flux are all pretty different avenues and none of them really seem GREAT at what they are trying to accomplish. I feel like she is releasing these one off singles hoping one of them catches on before releasing an album. I don't see a word where these three songs are on an album together but I could be wrong

10. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

She's always struck me as kind of a reluctant pop star. I feel like she doesnt have the same star power as like Ari, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga. Her performances and music are decent but not on that level. I also feel like Delirium (which I love) she probably had the least creative input on, it seemed like a big max martin thing. So yeah idk where she goes musically now either, I was thinking like Halcyon part 2.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

She does seem very chill, even when she dated Skrillex and Calvin Harris it wasn't really a big deal

I feel like the only one who likes Close To Me and I'd be happy if Lights was literally my only song it would be enough

12. irthesteve

13. atlas

Trusted

a l b u m w h e n

Garrett L. likes this.
  14. irthesteve

I'm sure the label is waiting for a hit first

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Looks like she has a lot of lip filler.

[​IMG]

16. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

i havent liked any of the new songs at all :/

17. irthesteve

18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I mean it’s fine, it’s a good song, but it’s hard to deny that she just seems to have lost some of her magic. I don’t see any focus or direction, and it’s a bummer because she really does have something special.

19. irthesteve

agree with matt on all points, it's not bad but it's not... unique? specific? interesting?

20. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

my feelings on all of the new songs, they do nothing for me.

irthesteve and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

can we not with the fucking collabs

irthesteve likes this.
  22. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

1797709B-D063-44A0-B6BB-DE1BB1DB5FA1.png

10C2D802-84A9-40B8-8A3B-6B323E4172E0.png

Interesting note that most of these songs won’t be on the album.

23. mescalineeyes

I mean sure, she is free to do whatever music she wants to make, but it’s our prerogative to ... ignore it. (And voice our opinions as long as we’re being respectful.)

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Well what I would never do is @ an artist telling them that I think their new songs suck (which I don’t even think these suck I just know she can be better). I’m sure that’s where the frustration comes from.

25. mescalineeyes

Well I think even if you don’t @ her, the tepid response is probably not going to pass her by. I’m sure she has the numbers and if they’re not satisfactory she’ll probably want to know why.