Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ellie Goulding Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Garrett, Mar 9, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Garrett L. likes this.
  2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I hope Coachella streams her set this year.

3. @Garrett L. and I are watching her Coachella stream and it's fantastic. Anyone else catching it?

cshadows2887 and Garrett L. like this.
  4. Garrett

She is absolutely crushing it.

@Nick you should try to watch it on the coachellalive website when you wake up later today.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  5. Garrett

In the two years since her last Coachella performance I watched, she's become a better singer, performer, and way, way happier. It's just the best to see.

6. irthesteve

This is great to hear. I saw the first Coachella set and loved it, I am heading back out next week to see her again. YES

Garrett L. likes this.
  7. Garrett

I mean, I know I'm biased as all get out when it comes to her, but this has been downright incredible. So excited to finally see her in June. Have fun dancin'!

8. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Ellie rocking out on a Les Paul is quite the sight

Garrett L. likes this.
  9. Garrett

Seeing her tear up has me tearing up. It's really great to see her finally "arrive," if you can say that about someone who had so many hits. But yeah. Love my girl. That was awesome.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  10. irthesteve

Last time I saw her, I didn't even like her music. I really like Delirium, I think I'm gonna dig it

Garrett L. likes this.
  11. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

yeah i listened once and haven't put it on again since. i couldn't say that about lights or halcyon.

i saw her two years ago but i don't like remembering it for personal reasons. so i wish it wasn't in that setting. but i had no problems with her as a live performer. i couldn't believe i was seeing her in a "small" (1000) venue either.

12. Garrett

So how was it?

13. irthesteve

I must be crazy or something, I liked her the other time a lot more. I caught the end of her set because I was at Sufjan so I didn't see it all, but what I did see isn't really... my favorites. I saw:

When Doves Cry
    Lights (Acoustic)
    On My Mind
    Anything Could Happen
    Figure 8
    Love Me Like You Do

Doves Cry/Lights was cool, but really stripped back and kinda boring. On My Mind felt a bit off, I've never liked Anything Can Happen but it was good. Figure 8 was great. Love Me Like You Do was kinda a boring ender honestly, even though I like the song.

I missed the beginning, which sounds nice and upbeat

Intro (Delirium)
    Aftertaste
    Holding on for Life
    Burn

14. Garrett

That does look like a really hyped up beginning. Figure 8 has always been one of my favorites, and the version she did on the live stream from weekend one was incredible. Looks like she didn't do Outside or I Need Your Love your weekend, but she did the weekend before.

I'm glad I'm not alone in not really liking Anything Can Happen. It may be my least favorite song on Halcyon.

Her setlist for this tour looks like a total dance party, though.

15. irthesteve

"I know it's gonna be" x6 part is really not pleasing to my ears

16. Garrett

Oddly, that's my favorite part.

17. irthesteve

18. Garrett

19. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I hate that part too Steve. That and "Only You" are the two songs on Halcyon I don't love.

20. irthesteve

Gotta love this,

Years and Years had to cancel their show last night opening for Ellie, due to illness. So instead of having blank time until her set, Ellie opened for herself with a 20-minute acoustic set of music she wasn't going to play during the main set

Garrett L. and bradsonemanband like this.
  21. BAD. ASS.

22. Garrett

Now if only I could make that happen in Atlanta...

23. irthesteve

24. Garrett

Definitely fits in the Delirium era. I like it more than a few Delirium tracks (mostly from the bonus disc, though).

25. irthesteve