Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ellie Goulding - Brightest Blue (July 17, 2020) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I just realized that if this doesn't leak tonight, I actually won't get to hear it until Sunday night when I get home from a trip. At least my physical copy will be waiting for me.

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

it leaked, did you get it in time?

3. irthesteve

oh wtf, the version I see has Sixteen as a 19th track, I guess a bonus track?

4. Garrett

sadly not! I’m listening to halcyon with friends right now

irthesteve likes this.
  5. irthesteve

have fun with yo friendzzzzzz, Ellie will be waiting when you get back

Garrett likes this.
  6. Anne

Before I dive into this right now, per her last three albums I'd say Brightest Lights is my favorite, then Halycon Days and Delirium last. Unsurprisingly, the order of release.

7. Garrett

Happy Release Day! About to drive three hours through the countryside to reach the Great Lakes and experience this for the first time. See you on the other side!

irthesteve likes this.
  8. I'm reaching the strong main album closer and it's pleasant so far. Overall, it's much more alt R&B than I expected. This sound suits her well, but there does seem to be a lack of variety at times. It doesn't help that she's now less showy vocally, so the melodies tend to blend together as well. I'll see how much grows on me on subsequent listens.

Start, New Heights, and Woman are my early favorites. I suddenly love Flux whereas I didn't care for it at the time too.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Lyrically, this is really good. Not sure about staying power though.

10. Garrett

Four songs in and my God it’s so damn good this is gonna be such a rewarding album on multiple listens

11. atlas

Trusted

This is... probably better than Delirium? Idk I didn’t find very much of this terribly catchy or engaging, but it’s not bad. Tides is a classic though

12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

11 tracks in and I haven't cared for a single one yet. Nothing catchy or engaging

13. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, this thing is a total snooze

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think I have to listen to this a few times to have a real opinion (I still have 3 or so songs left). Overall I like it, but I'm not sure I love it. Really liking Bleach though as I listen to it now

15. irthesteve

Unfortunately I wasn't really feeling this on first listen. Nothing is bad, but not a lot jumped out to me. Hopefully it'll change the more I listen

16. irthesteve

Garrett likes this.
  17. irthesteve

Garrett likes this.
  18. Garrett

This is so lyrically deep. But I was hoping for a smidge more in the bop range. Gonna be fun to dive in and try to figure out my thoughts for the review.

victoriamarie and Henry like this.
  19. Anne

Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy this as much as I thought I would. It seemed to have a lot going for it and a fair bit of promotion. I will have to take a deeper dive, but "Power" remains my favorite track.

20. victoriamarie

NYC now/PGH forever

'Power' is good as hell, but man does this album dragggg in the middle for me

21. irthesteve

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This is growing on me a lot. Start, Power, Love I'm Given, Tides, and Bleach are my favorites (and Slow Grenade from the EP). The Overture also kind of makes me like Worry About Me more

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

24. irthesteve

25. irthesteve