Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Electric Light Orchestra Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cshadows2887, Mar 14, 2016.

1. cshadows2887 Mar 14, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 24, 2020)
    cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

The Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) are a British rock group from Birmingham, England. They were formed to accommodate Roy Wood's and Jeff Lynne's desire to create modern rock and pop songs with classical overtones. After Wood's departure following the band's debut record, Lynne wrote and arranged all of the group's original compositions and produced every album

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cshadows2887 Mar 14, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 21, 2021)
    cshadows2887

3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Where is a good place to start with this band? I’ve been hearing about them in a music group I am in for a little bit and want to start listening.

4. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Mr Blue Sky is a classic.

I may be a bit biased though as you can see from my avatar I am a Birmingham boy.

5. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

A New World Record is a good place to start I guess? There's a lot to dig through with this band haha.

6. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

A New World Record and Out of the Blue for sure

7. cshadows2887

It's their best for sure. I'd put El Dorado just a step behind it as a complete record, too.

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  8. cshadows2887

Jeff was so good live at the Garden this summer. Even did some Out of the Blue album tracks.

9. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

A+ band

cshadows2887 likes this.
  10. cshadows2887

El Dorado is my spring afternoon soundtrack right now and this record (along with A New World Record) do not get close to enough credit in GoaT discussions.