Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Vince Gilligan, October 11, 2019) Movie • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

You are disgusting. Bye.

JM95 likes this.
  2. JM95

Trusted

Well that's convinced me.

Sorry, continue as you were everyone.

3. JM95

Trusted

jorbjorb likes this.
  4. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Just watched. I liked it more than I was expecting to, Jesse is one of my favorite characters in anything ever. Sure, I was happy with where his story ended previously, but this was a nice bonus.

Greg and Cameron like this.
  5. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Also Jesse Plemons is the real star of this movie, he was fantastic.

aoftbsten, imthesheriff, Greg and 2 others like this.
  6. owenlongsworth

Regular

I feel like a lot of people were expecting a full blown, action packed movie. This is more like “oh by the way, here’s the final two episodes we never got to make.”

7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I don’t know why anybody would expect an action movie out of Breaking Bad.

bodkins, CarpetElf and Greg like this.
  8. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Jesse Plemons does such a good job, Todd definitely still gives me the creeps.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I expected a character study with some action. I actually thought this was pretty action-packed, but didn’t hit the right notes for me personally. It wasn’t bad, but it felt shallow to me- like they only scratched the surface of what could have been an exploration of Jesse’s pain and liberation. Unrelated, but I also would have been happy with a film about Walt’s family after everything took place. But its pointless to speculate what could have been. I still have to rewatch the first two seasons of BCS and finish the rest- and I’ve heard that’s excellent.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Would not personally call this “action-packed”.

11. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I'm gonna have to watch this again at some point. The more I think about it, the more I think of flaws. It was a lot of fun as a breaking bad fan, Aaron and Jesse's acting were both phenomenal, especially Aaron's PTSD at the beginning (which was promptly dropped and forgotten about)

But the editing felt weird at parts, some flashbacks were pure fanservice that didn't add much to the plot at all (and felt rushed to keep the film down to 2 hours), the Welding guys' existence felt a little forced, and the shootout was a weird climax

Also, found it funny that the Pinkmans kept a key in the same hiding spot Jesse always knew about, despite disowning him and him being involved in murder and part of the largest meth empire in history. There was also zero explanation for why the welding guys had a key to Todd's apartment.

I think it was really fun for the fans and a good epilogue for Jesse. But as a movie on its own, it is quite flawed. It doesn't work very well if you're not already familiar with the franchise

OotyPa likes this.
  12. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

The fucker is such a monster. He keeps a trophy from all of his robberies and murders. Great acting.

13. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

This was better than I expected.

14. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

This was decent but not necessary.

15. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

No art is necessary.

Greg likes this.
  16. imthegrimace

That’s a stupid argument.

17. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Prestigious

Who’s trying to watch this movie that hasn’t seen BB?

Cameron likes this.
  18. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Saying this movie isn’t necessary makes no sense.

19. imthegrimace

It doesn’t add to breaking bad and can’t stand on its on as a movie. Therefore it is not necessary.

20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It actually does add on to Breaking Bad. Did you forget that Jesse is a main character in the show and the movie?

Also, why in the world would this have to stand on its’ own? Saying something like that about any sequel is stupid.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  21. imthegrimace Oct 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 12, 2019)
    imthegrimace

Ahh yes I forgot he was a main character thank you. I prefer the ending of breaking bad and didn’t feel like this movie was needed for Jesse (that’s his name right?). Half the movie was spent with those welders which who cares about them? BCS stands on its own just fine.

Marx&Recreation, OotyPa and RyanPm40 like this.
  22. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Just because you didn’t love it doesn’t mean it isn’t “necessary” or whatever you want to call it.

23. owenlongsworth

Regular

Vince Gillian said if you haven’t watched the show by now, you probably never will. They’re not gonna try to catch people up. It’s a movie for the huge fans of the show.

24. imthegrimace

lol it’s my opinion man. Relax.

25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

“Man, this Hannah Montana show is just not necessary.”

Greg likes this.