Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Vince Gilligan, October 11, 2019) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Aug 26, 2019.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Also entertainment is always necessary

iiiii623498 likes this.
  2. oakhurst Oct 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 11, 2019)
    oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Surprised there weren’t any scenes of Saul in this

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

4. RyanPm40

Poor Jesse Plemons, people are really body shaming him over this

I Am Mick likes this.
  5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Some more thoughts because all my friends have jobs so they didn't watch yet and I have nobody to talk to

Bryan Cranston's enormous dome under that bald cap.

I'm not saying this is as good as it, but I got some serious Blue Ruin vibes throughout the movie.

Todd being like "oh shit almost forgot this!" as he casually puts on the belt he used to kill his house cleaner.

People need to chill out with all this "Plemmons got fat lol" he's a real person, take it easy. He also gives a phenomenal performance in this. Talk about that.

CarpetElf, RyanPm40 and zigbigwig like this.
  6. owenlongsworth

Regular

I’ll never understand the “this didn’t need to be made”

No show of movie has ever needed to be made.

Dinosaurs Dish, Zilla, SpyKi and 5 others like this.
  7. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

As a Boise, ID native, we've always taken a lot of pride in the fact that Aaron Paul is from here, and comes back often to pay it forward with his releases...this movie was kickass, totally worked and picked up the immediate intensity of how the series ended. What a great character, and i'm just wanting more. How about a Netflix series of just Jessie and his new life? Would love more of that character, i'm not done with it yet haha

zigbigwig likes this.
  8. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

agree. also feel like it’s Vince wanting to lift some weight off his shoulders by making this.

if the BB universe was a graphic novel series El Camino would be a one shot, doesn’t mean much. just thought that was cool lol.

he did say in 2013 that jesse was probably caught by police but his ideal scenario was him getting away to Alaska

9. zigbigwig

hahaha

some people on the internet wants to make it canon that the reason walt’s head is so big is because it’s jesse’s memory so it’s big brain walt. they were joking ofc but still funny

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

As good of a close to Jesse's arc as we could've gotten. Truly loved it

11. Serh Oct 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 11, 2019)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

guess i shouldn't have doubted Vince

12. zigbigwig

13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Holy shit was this good. Defied expectations. Took all the intense moments of any given episode and it was basically a compilation with a good narrative. Didn’t mind the noticeable aged actors in flashbacks. If anything it made me appreciate Jesse more given the trauma and torture he endured.

Cameron and Dan Quinlan like this.
  14. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

This was a fantastic epilogue for the show.

hit so dang good. Forgot how much I missed this show.

15. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

this kicked ass

perfect epilogue with a little side adventures for our big boy jesse.

was able to catch this in a theater as well and it added a ton to the experience.

16. This was just fantastic. Felt like it didn’t skip a beat at all. Yeah yeah some actors got older but honestly I didn’t care at all. I loved every second of it.

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Jesus Christ

18. RyanPm40

Really loved this. I will say, some of the flashbacks seemed like they were just there for the sake of pleasing the fans with cameos from old characters, but it was fantastic otherwise.

I do wish it were a little longer or more fleshed out over a limited miniseries though

19. RyanPm40

Also what was with all the Huell promotion for this movie and he wasn't even in it lmao

20. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Could’ve gone without this, honestly.

21. RyanPm40

I'd give it a solid 7/10

22. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

This is insanity.

23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I take back my skepticism when this was announced. This was so good. Not perfect, but very entertaining.

-RIP Robert :( that’s so crazy
    - Never would have thought Todd to have the best flashback scenes.
    - This was a perfect encapsulation of S4 BB. Just tons of slow burn moments with great dialogue.
    - Soooo happy for the actor from The Righteous Gemstones.
    - My friends, and I had a pretty tame debate after if this was necessary. We all agreed it was a nice cherry on top of the show.
    - The Walt flashback was used in great taste. Glad they didn’t make Cranston a recurring ghost or something.
    - They could have easily made this a non stop action movie set in the BB universe, but like all Gilligan things. It was tasteful af

Dan Quinlan likes this.
  24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

“You’re apexing way too early!”

aoftbsten and Brent like this.
  25. RyanPm40

Was that Diner scene supposed to be right after the RV battery died in the desert?