Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Vince Gilligan, October 11, 2019) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Aug 26, 2019.

1. JM95

Trusted

So many thoughts. I enjoyed it a lot though. It's not one for casual BB fans and it's easy to question the necessity of it but for what it is, it works really well.

Cameron likes this.
  2. owenlongsworth

Regular

Also, about a half an hour into it, I already wanted an entire season of it. I think they could have pulled off a slow burning season, in the vein of Better Call Saul. But absolutely happy with what we got.

JM95 likes this.
  3. JM95

Trusted

I'd probably avoid the internet if I was Jesse Plemons. The equivalent of when you see your grandmother for the first time in a while and you've put on a load of weight, knowing it's going to be the first thing she mentions.

delvec19 likes this.
  4. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I enjoyed this for sure, don't know if I'll rewatch it that much or if I really needed it to exist, but it was clearly a story Vince wanted to tell and that's cool

ending it on a Jane line was a really great choice

JM95 likes this.
  5. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I can’t wait to get home

6. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

yessssssssssssssssssss yessssssssssssssssssss yessssssssssssssssssss yessssssssssssssssssss yessssssssssssssssssss yessssssssssssssssssss yessssssssssssssssssss
    I appreciate everyone's commitment to the tag. so excited to see this!

Allpwrtoslaves, Orla and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I really enjoyed this and it was such a tease to get back into that universe in a non Saul way.

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

So how necessary would people say a rewatch (even of the last season) is for understanding and enjoying this?

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Is there any sort of recap of Breaking Bad before El Camino?

It's been like, six years since I watched BB.

10. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

As long as you remember where Jesse was at the end of the show and who he was with I think you’re good.

chewbacca110 and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  11. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Plan on watching tonight. I don't think I've seen the trailer and it's been at least a good three years since my last re-watch but the final season is still a little fresh in my mind

12. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

This might help lol

"We killed a fly"
    "Wait, you killed a fly?"
    "Yeah it was a whole episode"

aoftbsten, astereo, Brent and 7 others like this.
  13. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

there is a recap on Netflix yeah

14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

This video encapsulates how pulpy and bananas the show always was.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. xkaylinh Oct 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 11, 2019)
    I liked it. Feels like a more fulfilling, proper sendoff for the character. Always did feel like it was too open ended.

Really liked the last line of the Walt flashback, as well as the last line of the movie overall. Really encapsulated the differences between Walt and Jesse.

Petit nain des Îles and Kuri44 like this.
  16. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Could look but worried about spoilers - what's the run time?

17. RyanPm40

I think 2 hours

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

IMDB is pretty safe for checking that sort of thing since it’s always right at the top.

RyanPm40 and kidwithhelmet like this.
  19. RyanPm40

Spoilery question for those who already saw it (I'm impatient, dammit)

how did the police know Jesse was enslaved there?

20. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

wasn't discussed. i'm assuming they saw the cage and how the meth lab was outfitted with chains

I Am Mick, Orla and RyanPm40 like this.
  21. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

This didn't really need to be made but it was awfully nice to revisit these characters again, and looked beautiful.

Glad it exist. Wouldn't be upset if it didn't, though

Orla likes this.
  22. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I loved how Los Pollos Hermanos is shown as “Twisters“ which is what it’s called in real life (i’ve eaten there, food is brutal) and that the sign says “under new management. [\spoiler]

Orla likes this.
  23. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I liked it. The ending is satisfying

24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Really enjoyed it. It was shot beautifully and a ton of really tense moments

Mustache guy and Jesse just firing at each other and missing was almost comical, but I'm guessing that's pretty realistic for dudes who don't regularly shoot guns. I'd say literally my only complaint is Jesse just sitting in his car as a massive series of explosions goes off behind him. Like get the fuck out of there dude who are you trying to be a bad ass for.

I'm glad Jesse Plemmons was in it, I was always bummed BB ended when it did solely because I think Todd was shaping up to be a solid villain. He's just such a creep.

I was expecting Walt's scene to be a more a more flashy, dramatic dark scene. I always look back on their relationship as more conflicted. It was nice to remember them as occasional buds too.

Overall I'd say Vince is 3/3 in this universe. (and I don't expect BCS to really fuck up in its final stretch)

slimfenix182 and zigbigwig like this.
  25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Who were you talking about?