Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Vince Gilligan, October 11, 2019) Movie • Page 10

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I feel like all of the flashbacks were there just to reinforce that Jesse had no real personal desires or sense of direction for his own life, so they all kind of worked together. I guess I wouldn't really consider saying one character's flashback was pointless or fan service and then saying the others were necessary.

That said, I definitely enjoyed this movie and the little extra touch it brought to the series and the character. Agree to disagree on whether or not it was "necessary", but I enjoyed seeing what he did after he was free of every person in his life who controlled him and his decisions (I know that was implied at the end of Breaking Bad, but still)

slimfenix182, Grapevine_Twine and Ken like this.
  2. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

“...Pepperoni.”

Fuck.

Aaron is just so damn good in this role.

Brent, Greg, imthesheriff and 5 others like this.
  3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Can't help but roll my eyes at people calling this unnecessary when Jesse's granted finality that's as refreshing as (if not moreso) nearly anything in Felina

iiiii623498 likes this.
  4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Finally got to watching this. Couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I jumped outta my seat a couple times just rooting so god damn hard for Jessie. Vince is still the master at creating tension. What a great viewing experience as always with him.

Ken, Dirty Sanchez and Serh like this.
  5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Jesse Plemons is so good in this.

6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I really love how good of friends Badger and Skinny Pete are to Jesse.

Ken, Zilla and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Same. It does seem a little out of character though considering when Jesse was going through a rough time and just wanted some buddies to hang out with, they started to leave when he didn't want to give them any meth.

But I guess that can also be explained by them being addicts and have since cleaned up their acts

8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

They also knew what Jesse had just gone through for the most part and there was obvious, justified sympathy.

Ken, Zilla, I Am Mick and 2 others like this.
  9. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Are they cleaned up? I don't get how Pete and Badger had 8200 laying around otherwise lol

Brent likes this.
  10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

It seemed like they are still slingin but are off the shit for the most part

Ken likes this.
  11. slimfenix182

Yeah that makes sense

12. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

I realized watching the end of BB the other day it’s the money Walt gave them for faking as hitmen hahah I thought the same thing watching the movie

aoftbsten, Ken, macbethfan and 6 others like this.
  13. slimfenix182

Ohhhhhh damn good catch

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

bingo

15. owenlongsworth

Regular

Aaron Paul said the original ending had a voice over of him reading the note for Brock over shots of him driving off.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

hmmm thats pretty hokey, glad they didnt do that lol.

I Am Mick likes this.
  17. RyanPm40

Yeah and Vince also said he initially envisioned Jesse sacrificing himself for some new character in a way that puts Jesse behind bars. His girlfriend and the writing staff of BCS told him he was crazy so he quickly changed his mind

I Am Mick likes this.
  18. RyanPm40

I do want to know what the note said though :P. Aaron said he hopes he can convince Vince to release it bc it was really heartfelt

19. JM95

Trusted

I mean I'd like to see that but I think they made the correct decision to cut it. For such a nicely built and restrained film, that would've stuck out terribly.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  20. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

not letting us read the letter was one of the best decisions in the film, it was really just trusting that Forster and Paul would tell us all we needed to know about what it said by their reactions and they played it to perfection (of course)

Agents of SHIELD had a similar thing last season and it was a surprisingly really powerful moment

slimfenix182 and RyanPm40 like this.
  21. I found Better Call Saul to have better cinematography and photography than most of this, which was surprising with it being marketed as a movie. It was a nice little epilogue though.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  22. RyanPm40

I think Netflix only gave a $5 million budget so maybe that's why? Idk.

Why Bother? likes this.
  23. I didn't love this as much as I was hoping, but it's a nice enough bookend to Breaking Bad. Performances from all the returning cast were all great.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. dlemert

Trusted

I was SHOCKED.

Garrett L. likes this.
  25. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I loved this. It's exactly what it needed to be, no more no less.

Ken and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.