Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Vince Gilligan, October 11, 2019) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Aug 26, 2019.

1. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i don't get why this is necessary but i will watch it, yes

3. kupe

Regular

Would be cool if this ends up tying into the Gene timeline from BCS

4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Same. I'm hopeful it will be good, I just don't see the point. I'm so over the whole "everything needs a sequel/reboot" era.

brentkid likes this.
  5. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I will continue to defend the necessity of this movie. Jesse got shafted hard by the last season of BrBa and I’m happy he’s getting his own movie now. Also thinking there’ll be at least a tease of where BCS is headed. Would make sense to try and draw in the BB viewers who bailed early on or never watched Saul.

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

If this was going to retcon BB's ending and have Walt live, I would be 10000000000% against it. I truly believe that there is more story to tell where Jesse is concerned though, even if it isn't strictly "necessary", so I'm in for this big time. Really looking forward to seeing what Aaron Paul brings to this one. And I trust the creative team without question.

I almost don't want this to even address Jimmy/Saul/Gene though. I'd personally rather have that thread resolved entirely by the series. Also if this is taking place relatively soon after BB, which based on the teaser it seems like it is, I'm not sure the timelines would sync up anyway.

7. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

There's 100000000000% they don't retcon Walter's death.

8. Anthony_

Right, which is why there isn’t anything inherently wrong with this. If that was the route it was taking, it would be a different story.

9. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

the refusal to let things die off is a big problem, not that it's something isolated to BrBa or anything. we don't need a walt white extended universe, man. stuff like this stifles original stories. vince gilligan can come up with original stories. they're good when he does. he should do that more.

yung_ting, dadbolt, Zilla and 2 others like this.
  10. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

News of this got me into a rewatch of Breaking Bad last night and loving it all over again. I forgot how quickly things escalate.

Also: "Fuck you and your eyebrows!"

coleslawed and Ken like this.
  11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

sub

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

cautiously awaiting this

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Counterpoint: every story Gilligan’d told in this world so far has been interesting. If he wants to do another one, he’s earned the right.

14. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I trust Gilligan full stop.

15. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

BCS > BB

I think vince is only getting better at what he does so i'm 100% in

coleslawed and Matt Chylak like this.
  16. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Nothing wrong with the original stories he creates being in that universe though. Look at what he's done with Saul, a spin-off we didn't expect probably too much of and had no back story to start from, and look at what he's done with Nacho, Kim, Chuck etc

Obviously a movie isn't going to get too deep but I still have no idea what to expect from this

beachdude likes this.
  17. owenlongsworth

Regular

I have no doubt this will be good. Jesse has to escape, and he’s all on his own. No Saul. No disappearing man. No friends to help, can’t contact any of them. There’s a manhunt for you, you’re face is all over TV. You are literally, completely on your own. What do you do?

It said he’s trying to escape his captors, law enforcement and his past. So I’m gonna assume by captors, more Nazis are our looking for him after they all got killed. Obviously police are looking for him. And past, who knows. Could be images of Walt in his head, that’s a way to bring Cranston back.

The only little thing I’m weary of is it’s only 2 hours long. That’s pretty much 2 episodes of Breaking Bad. So I’m very interested in seeing what they do in those 2 hours.

beachdude and RyanPm40 like this.
  18. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

The trailer raises interesting questions about how many cameos they can fit in. You'd think they would want to shoehorn as many existing characters as possible into the narrative, but given how many people were dead when BB ended, I'm not sure who they'd even approach.

19. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I have no doubt this will be good, but I just worry that they'll change Jesse's decently happy ending into a tragedy by the end of this which would kind of ruin things for me.

Like, obviously things don't fix themselves for Jesse at the end of BB, but his escape felt like a victory and left a feeling of hope that he might find happiness one day. It was open to interpretation, and I don't want them to tarnish that because I love his character

Ken likes this.
  20. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

BCS is mostly Peter Gould at this point tho

Zilla likes this.
  21. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Jesse is the best character in BB and it’s not even close for me so I’m very cautiously interested in what they do with this. BCS to me is really good whenever it’s NOT focusing on gus/mike/the drug storyline. Because that part of the show just feels like BB again, and I don’t really need or want that.

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  22. Anthony_

23. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I’m in

24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

kidwithhelmet, beachdude and delvec19 like this.