Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Eisley - I'm Only Dreaming (February 17, 2017) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

One thing that stands out on this record is the fact this is the first album Garron's been so involved in the song-writing (they've mentioned it a lot in interviews/press). Always Wrong and Defeatist in particular seem like the bass is the driving force instrumentally, which I really like. It's not really the word I'd want to use, but it's definitely more 'rocky' than everything they've done, which I think works out for the best given the line-up changes. I really like the album, but my only complaint is that I don't feel like I'm come back to it a tonne - it can be a bit forgettable at times, not for the want of trying.

teebs41 likes this.
  2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Seeing them this week! Stoked for it

3. theagentcoma

Caught them tonight in Seattle. I certainly miss the sisters, but Sherri is more than capable of putting the team on her back.

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I love Sherri, and I do like this album, but when I saw them recently I did feel a different vibe than when the old lineup was around. Something about Sherri and Stacy trading vocals throughout the show/albums really adds another layer of diversity and energy. All things must pass, and I'm certainly not unhappy with where the band is now

awakeohsleeper and theagentcoma like this.
  5. As the first quarter closes out, I'm comfortable calling this my favorite album so far in 2017

teebs41 likes this.
  6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea really! It's great

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I really slept hard on just how much I like this, will be playing this a lot in the coming weeks

theagentcoma likes this.
  8. irthesteve

Dirty Sanchez and js977 like this.
  9. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Have people kept coming back to this album? Wondering if it has good staying power. I listened once or twice on Spotify after it was released but haven't revisited it. There were a lot of albums in the first half of the year that caught my attention more... I might try and give it a listen again in the next few days.

10. polyfilla

who can never be sure

I really haven't, tbh. I'll come back to Louder than a Lion but that's about it

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  11. irthesteve

Yeah... I haven't really revisted this a ton. It's still good, but I miss the multi-vocals that keep me more engaged with their previous albums

12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I still go back to this a good amount. Still think it's one of my favorite albums from them

13. I went back to this recently and still enjoyed it a lot. There has just been a lot of great stuff coming out this year so I've mostly been focusing on new releases as they come out. Plus it's hot as fuck where I live and it was raining so heavily and often when this was released that I sort of have that association with it now haha -- I expect fall going into winter this will make a huge comeback for me.

14. Welp this has made its way back into heavy rotation this last week. Gonna start my end of year write up soon and there's no way this doesn't land a top 10 spot

theagentcoma, js977 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  15. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

yeah, i need to start relistening to this

16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I feel like I should be seeing this on more lists, I thought it was really good. its 20 on mine but I still really like it

theagentcoma likes this.
  17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

snowfall always gives me chills when it gets big at the end

18. vidiviciveni

Trusted

The song with Max Bemis is nice. Not used to hearing him sing instead of yelling every song

teebs41 likes this.
  19. theagentcoma

I still very much enjoy this. A Song For the Birds is one of my fav jams of the year.

js977, Owlex and teebs41 like this.
  20. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

some of the songs on this made it into my top 2017 songs on spotify and i didnt even realize i listened to it as much as i had. it fell off on listening a little bit but i still really like it.

teebs41 likes this.
  21. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Never got round to listening. I think I streamed it once or twice on Spotify but it didn't grab me like previous material.

22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I felt that way at first but it really grew on me

23. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I guess I always come back to why would I listen to this one when I could listen to Chauntelle & Stacy as well as Sherri on albums such as Currents?

teebs41 likes this.
  24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I think this album has a different charm/quality than those. But they are all good

25. irthesteve

I never really came around to this one, I like it overall but it's easily my least favorite album from Eisley