Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Eisley - I'm Only Dreaming (February 17, 2017) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Sep 15, 2016.

1. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Really digging this.

I think Louder Than a Lion fits in pretty well.

2. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

:hearteyes:

On first listen, Sparking is an interesting song. I like the heavy effects and reverb with the juxtaposition of the...almost like..beat...??
    I like the build of Snowfall, sonically.
    Rabbit Hole is an ethereal dream.
    A song for the birds is fun and i like the uptempo mood.
    And im already a big fan of all the singles that had been released previously.

i do miss the signature dupree harmonies a good bit, sadly.

Happy im seeing them tomorrow though :ok:

Joe4th likes this.
  3. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

The first two songs are so great, really strong way to kick off a record. Looking forward to the rest.

4. ImAMetaphor

It's been so long since I've heard Max show restraint vocally, kind of nice to be reminded that he can actually be a good singer lol

5. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I REALLY like this. Could be my favorite thing I've heard from them.

Jason Tate, trevorshmevor and Owlex like this.
  6. devenstonow

Noobie

That's actually what I was thinking too; when I listened to this earlier today I forgot for a second that that was Max

7. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

always wrong and snowfall are impeccable. really digging this album so far; last one didn't stick with me much aside from drink the water.

8. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Subbing. Listening later tonight.

9. ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

this is grand, love Louder Than a Lion

10. ImAMetaphor

Yep I really enjoyed this top to bottom

11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Really great record, I love this band and am really glad Sherri was able to continue at full capacity

12. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I feel like something seems off about this record.

Not necessarily good or bad, it just feels weird to me.

Need more time with it.

13. Uhh wow this record is magical. Damn I thought I'd like it, but I actually loved it haha. Really looking forward to spending more time with it.

14. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Defeatist is wonderful but Brightest Fire might be my favorite track.

15. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

i saw them last night. apparently it was a sold out show. sherri kept messing up bits but she was all laughs and would start over. it wasnt a big serious deal. but i think she struggled most when she was trying to make up for parts that she never had to perform. for instance the setlist contained millistone and ambulance. two songs she didnt have much involvement in. they sounded really full and the one girl filling in on guitar did a pretty decent job filling on some vocals that stacy used to sing and harmonies. a song for the birds sounded great live. i know Max is touring with the family, so i was kinda hoping for an appearance but nope. ive been listening to this a lot since it came out, multiple spins now. Sparking is 100% my favorite song. i love the shoegaze vibe with the trip hop beat. its sonically very different for them and im about it. my only gripe about it is lyrically it becomes slightly repetitive. its kinda like "we're are both crazy, im crazy and we have flaws but oh i love you so much and thats our love"

Cameron and trevorshmevor like this.
  16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I was really worried about this album without the rest of the band.... but she really fuckin killed it, honestly impressed

17. I was about to post something very similar to this. And I liked the other albums as well.

teebs41 and cshadows2887 like this.
  18. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Agreed. I haven't heard a bad one from them yet, but this might be the best

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I really enjoy this album, listened to it around 5 times already.

teebs41 likes this.
  20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Uh oh Jason likes two will yip records in 2017!!!

21. In spite of him both times too. Haha. Goes to what I've always said about it being all about the songs

teebs41 likes this.
  22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Idk why I've never really dug deep into this band. I've loved Sherri's contributions to SA, and I enjoy Perma. This record is really good.

23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

What else has Yip produced this year?

24. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

This is grabbing me much more than any of their previous material has. Grabbing me right in the ears.

25. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Menzingers

teebs41 likes this.