Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Eisley - I'm Only Dreaming (February 17, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Sep 15, 2016.

1. irthesteve Sep 15, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 9, 2016)
    irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Eisley's fifth album, and first with the new lineup, out in 2017. Will Yip produced.

[​IMG]

1. Always Wrong
    2. Defeatist
    3. A Song for the Birds ft. Max Bemis
    4. Sparking
    5. My Best Friend
    6. Rabbit Hole
    7. Louder Than a Lion ft. Anthony Green
    8. You Are Mine
    9. When You Fall
    10. Snowfall
    11. Brightest Fire

Lead single, "Defeatist"

Eisley Fights on With New Song 'Defeatist': Exclusive Premiere

2. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Damn it, you made an Eisley thread like the exact moment I made one. hahaha I'll delete mine.

3. irthesteve

Ahh!!! I win, hah

I gotta say, despite my worries... this song is pretty great. Totally in line with the last few albums

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  4. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Yeah, I really like it. I like it as a lead single more than I liked Drink the Water, and I'm also really excited for the Anthony Green guest spot. I was hoping it would still be a fall/winter 2016 release, but I'm fine with whatever as long as I'm getting new Eisley again.

5. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

beat me to it Steve

i'm really liking the new song! still bummed that Stacy left but Sherri can pump out hits just as well. who else was playing with her on the album, other than the singer from Merriment (i can't remember her name rn)

6. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

As far as "official band members" I think it's just Sherri and Garron. I don't really know who did drums, but I think Sherri and him did all guitar/bass. And then someone else was doing some strings recently.

7. Chauntelle?

8. AndrewSoup

no, Chauntelle was also in Eisley and she's one of the few who just left. i looked it up, Christie is the member from Merriment. i can't remember if she's a sister or cousin of Stacey et al

9. irthesteve

The live show was Sherri + Garron + both members of Merriment + both members of Poema. Not sure who shows up for the actual recording however.

10. AndrewSoup

has Weston also left the band? or is he just not touring?

11. irthesteve

according to wiki:

" It was also made known that Eisley's drummer, Weston, would no longer be touring, but will continue recording with the group in a limited fashion."

12. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

This song is so very good

13. wood&wire

just one of those ghosts

Wow, seriously. I will definitely be listening to this album. It was really fun/nostalgic to see them play last year. Love that they're still making it work as a family band thing even with different members.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  14. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Listening to Defeatist again, this song is amazing. I can't wait to see them in a few weeks, or for this album.

15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Intriguing. I'll miss Stacy though.

16. irthesteve

Agreed, but I really love Sucre so if we get more of that soon then I'm good to go

coleslawed and awakeohsleeper like this.
  17. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Song sounds great. Super early for a single though if the record isn't coming out until next year lol

18. irthesteve

Totally agree. My thought was maybe they wanted something out ASAP that shows that the band doesn't suck after the lineup changes, maybe to keep people interested. But still, it's quite early

19. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

That's logical I guess

20. irthesteve

If I was the band manager.......... I would have this single also be part of a 3-song EP, featuring two other songs not on the album, maybe acoustic versions or demos, to tide fans over... eh?

21. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I would gladly take that haha

22. irthesteve

I'll call them up, please hold.

Actually, that is exactly what they did before The Valley, huh. Fire Kite EP had two songs from the album and two demos

23. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Totally forgot about that. All the more reason to do it again!

irthesteve likes this.
  24. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

Their dad Boyd is their manager. Boyd Dupree, Tyler, Texas

25. irthesteve

I know she isn't in the band anymore, but Stacy covering Sufjan's "Drawn To The Blood" is lovely