Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Eisley Going Into the Studio

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Eisley are heading into the studio to record their new album with Will Yip. The full press release can be found below.

JUN 10 – Tyler, TX-based indie pop outfit Eisley is officially back in the studio, recording their highly anticipated fifth full-length – with producer Will Yip (Circa Survive, Balance & Composure, Lauryn Hill).
    “One of the things I told Will when we had our first phone call to discuss this album was ‘I have no goal for this record except to make something that I’m proud of and love with all my heart.’ I sincerely believe that is what we’re doing,” shares vocalist/guitarist Sherri DuPree-Bemis. “Besides being a musical genius, Will is a longtime Eisley fan and really knows our back catalogue and is genuinely excited about working with us. And it’s equally as exciting for us to be working with him as we are huge fans of him and his work. I think that dynamic really inspires us all when we’re working in the studio. Making a record can be super intense, so it’s really beneficial to the project when every person involved is inspired. We are all SO thrilled to be here right now – you can feel it and hear it in the songs.”

The new album will stay true to form of the band’s signature dreamy sound, with DuPree-Bemis elaborating, “Musically, you could say it’s classic Eisley, in the sense that it’s melodic, moody pop and is written from the heart. Lyrically, it’s very whimsical; it has a vibe that will take you into its own world and let you escape your normal life for a few minutes. I like to cloak things in a little mystery and romance; I think it’s part of what makes all of Eisley’s songs sound like they’re from the same world. Every record is like opening and reading a book in a series.”

The forthcoming album will be the follow-up to Currents, their previous full-length, which was released in May 2013 and saw impressive Billboard Charting, including No. 8 Internet Albums, No. 8 Vinyl Albums, No. 11 Independent Albums, No. 17 Alternative Albums, No. 22 Top Rock Albums, No. 65 Top Current Albums, and No. 66 on both the Top Album Sales and The Billboard Top 200 Charts. The new album will be Eisley’s fourth release on Equal Vision Records and first album showcasing vocalist/guitarist Sherri Dupree-Bemis as the primary writer and frontwoman of the band.

Eisley is comprised of Sherri DuPree-Bemis (vocals, guitar), Weston DuPree (drums) and Garron DuPree (bass). The new album will also feature additional guest vocals from Christie DuPree, of Merriment.

“We’ve been through a lot together as a family, as a band and individually. But somehow, throughout all of the changes we’ve been through, including some members no longer touring or writing on the new album, we never lost site of why Eisley started in the first place. It has always been about our love for music, our love for each other, being able to share our gifts, being vulnerable and loving people through our music,” notes DuPree-Bemis.

2. kielhauck

itsalldead.com @kielhauck

Wow, no Stacy AND no Chauntelle. That's a bummer to hear. I've enjoyed every Eisley album immensely, though, so I'm still looking forward to this.

3. efp722

Regular

Man I work like 10 minutes from Studio 4. Can't believe how many of my favorite bands have been coming through lately. Really looking forward to this.

4. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Hm, wonder if Stacy or Chauntelle show up in some capacity. Excited either way

5. fbrrocks

Trusted

sucks not stacy but still excited

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

A previous update said that Sherri was writing the whole record and then whoever could make the recording sessions would, I took it to mean that Chauntelle and Stacy would still be involved with recording, but now I dunno!!

7. irthesteve

Or maybe not at all, from the press release it says

Eisley is comprised of Sherri DuPree-Bemis (vocals, guitar), Weston DuPree (drums) and Garron DuPree (bass). The new album will also feature additional guest vocals from Christie DuPree, of Merriment.

8. youngplanetary

eisley + yip seems like such a great combo

9. fbrrocks

Trusted

damn no Stacy :(

10. irthesteve

the recent Sucre stuff has been excellent though, so as long as we get more Sucre AND more Eisley, I feel like I shouldn't complain too much

coleslawed likes this.
  11. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Glad the rhythm section is still intact, but wow am I distraught about Stacy not being a part of the record.

12. irthesteve

I saw them live on the last tour, and it was still pretty great, but the whole time I was thinking two things: 1) wow, all the songs they are playing are Sherri songs and 2) Chauntelle and Stacey really changed their hair.

Turns out it wasn't them, found out after the fact hah

coleslawed likes this.
  13. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Interested in hearing a Sherri led Eisley record, I guess I've always been more partial to her songs than Stacy's anyway. (Though Real World was fantastic, and maybe the highlight of Currents for me)

14. TheZeroKid

I'm Not Holden Caulfield Prestigious

15. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Even though Im not a huge fan of Yip, i feel like this pairing could pay dividends.

16. so excited for this

17. The best parts of Eisley I think are what he's worst at bringing out if I'm honest.

18. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I've honestly never understood why people didn't like Will Yip. Though, the only albums I have produced by him are Pale Horses, Violent Waves, Descensus and Young Legs, but I enjoy each of those a lot. Anyone care to fill me in?

Collin Skeen likes this.
  19. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Hopefully the Max B. involvement is kept to a minimum.

20. Lucas27

Trusted

I've always been more partial to Stacy's vocals than Sherri's so I'm a little disappointed. That said, whenever there's a big member change like this in a band my curiosity for how it will sound with a different lineup always trumps my disappointment. So I'm still pretty darn excited.

Collin Skeen, Essie and Benjamin Lee like this.
  21. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I would love a whole album in the vein of Smarter and Mr. Moon from The Valley, so I hope it goes somewhere like that.

Collin Skeen and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  22. Collin Skeen

Regular

Super excited to hear that they're working with Will Yip. Bet they'll get a lot of cool sounds out of this record.

23. Bo Joiner

Regular

I have always been more drawn to Sherri's songs and voice, however I enjoyed the hell out of a lot of Stacy's songs as well. And one can't forget Chauntelles contributions to the band either. I'm both cautious and optimistic for this, though I'm leaning toward the latter. Sherri's work has always been highly pleasing to my ears.

Collin Skeen and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  24. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

damn, it really kills to hear Stacy and Chauntelle aren't in the band anymore. I loved Stacy's songs greatly, she has such an incredible voice. I'm gonna have to double down on listening to Sucre, i never did buy that debut album

Collin Skeen, Essie and Bo Joiner like this.
  25. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

liking the records and disliking the production are two very independent facts