Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Eisley – “Defeatist”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Bo Joiner

Regular

Really really like this song. I can't wait to hear more from the new album.

3. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Really enjoying this

4. efp722

Regular

Love it. Studio 4 is like 10 minutes away from where I work. Wanted to go down there so many times to see if I could run into them

5. fbrrocks

Trusted

yes so loving this, ready for the album

6. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

2 eisley songs have really gripped me. drink the water, and this one.

7. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

According to Sherri on the Mike Herrera podcast the album was recorded in Texas at her and Max's studio and they had Will Yip fly out. I assume he mixed it up there in PA though. I absolutely love the song though...first time ever listening to Eisley.

8. ballroomtrance

Regular

Wow, this is really something special. Props to the band and Yip.

9. efp722

Regular

you know, i actually was wondering if that was the case. Thanks for confirming!

10. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Doesn't disappoint! It's too bad they cut ties with some crucial members, but it still sounds great! Wondering if we're gonna hear any criticism on this production by W. Yip just by default. I personally love it :)

11. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

This sounds awesome. I was nervous after half the band left but now I can't wait to hear more.

12. Will Montei

This band needs Stacy Dupree-King. It's not Eisley without her.

theagentcoma likes this.
  13. Gooddayz

always and forever

I like this

14. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I've listened to this like 10 times, love it. Also agree - less Sherri and more Stacy/Chauntelle.

15. Will Montei

Pretty sure Stacy wasn't even a part of this album. Can anyone else confirm?

16. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

You're right, they're both gone! What the hell! I had a chance to see them this past weekend but I'm glad I didn't. From wikipedia:

"In 2015 Eisley began writing and preparation for their fifth studio album, with production to begin in 2016. Shortly before announcing their fall North American tour with Copeland, the band announced via their YouTube channel that guitarist Chauntelle D'Agostino, and keyboard/vocalist Stacy King have departed the band, and will be pursuing their own musical projects. It was also made known that Eisley's drummer, Weston, would no longer be touring, but will continue recording with the group in a limited fashion. Sherri DuPree-Bemis and Garron DuPree remain the core of Eisley, with Garron seeing an increased role musically."

Will Montei likes this.
  17. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

the girls from Poema were filling in on guitar & keys during the Copeland tour.