Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Eighth Grade (Bo Burnham, July 13, 2018) Movie • Page 10

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Mar 14, 2018.

1. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

It's actually nice sometimes to have other people point out that I don't have to elaborate on things, thanks. Please focus some of the energy you're using here to just do some basic thinking. It's true, I don't need defenders, but what I need even less is aggro people deciding what is or isn't "demeaning" to me. Just so we're extra clear, everything @Zilla said about comedy clubs is what I'm describing, plus a lot of very pointed, personal "jokes" that made it clear that my ex was painting a different picture of himself and me to these dudes to score points.

mad, chewbacca110, Zilla and 4 others like this.
  2. Marx&Recreation Oct 9, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 9, 2018)
    Marx&Recreation

Trusted

It doesn’t really matter to me whether you think it’s nice or not, my point was that they were clearly out of line by accusing me of practically attacking you by asking a pretty simple, next-step response to what you said. It’s kinda hilarious that *I’m* perceived as the “aggro” one when they made such a blatantly hostile response to begin with. And then of course there’s that extra dose of irony considering that they were *literally speaking for you*, regardless of whether you say post-hoc that you appreciate it or not. That’s literally “toxic masculine bullshit” 101.

You and @iCarly Rae Jepsen are the only two people who have actually *described* anything rather than simply rephrase what Bo said about clubs being “toxic,” which doesn’t tell me anything. *Most* places do or could have “toxic masculine” behavior associated with them, and it’s pretty insulting to act like I’m incapable of “basic thinking” or that I’m being antagonistic when literally all I had done was ask for elaboration and specification about something that I do not have personal experience with.

3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I want the notifications in this thread to be worth checking again.

4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

[​IMG]

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

6. Truly loved this movie.

7. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'm excited to show my daughter this movie in a few years. Easily my favorite this year.

8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Definitely Top 4 for me. It's up there with Blindspotting, Sorry to Bother You and Annihilation.

riotspray and ChaseTx like this.
  9. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I was thinking about this the other day and so far I've compiled 6 favorite films this year (Eighth Grade, Annihilation, Hereditary, Sorry To Bother You, and Blackkklansman)... hoping to find 4 more by the end of the year to round out a top 10.

10. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Blindspotting is also great. It took a second viewing of Eight Grade to put it back on top

11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Strong year for film actually. I might have a tough time narrowing it down to a top 10 where the last couple years I could barely pick 5.

12. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I'd throw in "Won't You Be My Neighbor" and "Incredibles 2."

SpyKi likes this.
  13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Blindspotting love is always welcome

riotspray and aoftbsten like this.
  14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Still haven't seen Hereditary or First Reformed, so I have failed A24

SpyKi likes this.
  15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

And I'd throw in The Tale as well

16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

How soul crushing is it? It’s really high on my list but I’m kind of in a place where I don’t know if I can handle it.

Hereditary is still probably my film of the year. First Reformed was amazing but I don’t know if I can ever bring myself to watch it again. Absolutely suffocating.

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

By my estimation, extremely crushing. Laura Dern is a goddess

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  18. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

this is in my top 10 i'm pretty sure. i'm having trouble remembering movies prior to a star is born.

19. mad

I was right. Prestigious

It’s a tie between this and Hereditary for me

20. Jake Gyllenhaal

Go to box office mojo and you can see weekend to weekend what movies were released if you want to check off what movies you loved

21. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

i was kidding haha. i track it with letterbox. i just love ASWB.

22. This is easily my favorite movie of the year and if I’m really taking the time to figure out a list, I’m sure it’d be top 10 all time as well

ChaseTx likes this.
  23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

25. Jake Gyllenhaal

Shagg-a-delic, baby!