Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Editors - Violence (March 9, 2018) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Wall Of Arms, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

1) Cold
    2) Hallelujah (So Low)
    3) Violence
    4) Darkness At The Door
    5) Nothingness
    6) Magazine
    7) No Sound But The Wind
    8) Counting Spooks
    9) Belong

2. Wall Of Arms

Blanck Mass being so heavily involved has really piqued my interest in this after not really following the band for years.

CarpetElf likes this.
  3. cherrywaves

Trusted

Yeah that's a cool, unexpected collab, I was pretty into The Back Room back when it came out but haven't heard anything since

Wall Of Arms likes this.
  4. Wall Of Arms

Similar to me, couple of good singles post-The Back Room for you to check out in the meantime though:

5. lina555

Regular

Awesome videos! Thanks for sharing this!

6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Oooh. I'm excited.

7. Carrow Jan 16, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 16, 2018)
    The single is a fucking banger, let's get it. Wasn't that into IN DREAM on record but those songs were great live when I saw them in Belfast.

It's cool that No Sound But the Wind is finally being finished and put on a record. I really liked the version on YOU ARE FADING I-IV but it's not the song it could have been. Live versions from 2010 blow it out of the water; interested to hear what the definitive version sounds like.

Oh & @Wall Of Arms the deluxe edition includes two extra tracks, The Pulse & When We Were Angels. The former was played live a bunch of times and it's weird that it hasn't made the album proper, but I guess we'll see what happens with the full-length. 9 tracks again... In This Light and on This Evening had 9 tracks and that worked super well as an album, so I've got high hopes here.

Giz an Irish date or two please.

edit: track times!

1. Cold 3:38
    2. Hallelujah (So Low) 3.55
    3. Violence 6:06
    4. Darkness at the Door 4:26
    5. Nothingness 5:05
    6. Magazine 3:55
    7. No Sound but the Wind 4:27
    8. Counting Spooks 5:43
    9. Belong 6:02

3 songs in the ballpark of 6mins long, nice

8. cherrywaves

Trusted

Oh, I know “Smokers”, wonderful song

9. Next single is Hallelujah (So Low) and I think it is dropping next Wednesday - I finally got my preorder in for the CD boxset tonight and instead of a Magazine MP3 being in the downloads section it was a notice about Hallelujah (So Low) being made available to download on Thursday 22nd February at 09:00 GMT.

Premiere Wednesday, on DSPs Thursday is my bet.

10. Wall Of Arms

11. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Last few albums were okay, but I'll always give these guys a listen. Liking the sound of this one so far...

12. Was doing some research as I'd heard mention of another bonus track on the Japanese edition of this thing and it's apparently the 'Oxford Version' of The Pulse. Don't know what that is but probably a live take/alternate studio version.

New song is phenomenal, holy shit that riff is good.

13. Wall Of Arms

Yeah these singles have me so intrigued by a new Editors album which hasn't been the case since the debut. Looking forward to seeing what the whole thing sounds like.

14. Wall Of Arms

Just got sent this so I'm excited to give it a first spin.

15. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

this sounds incredible and so different from what i remember from them. hell yeah

16. you better believe I'll be right down the front at the Vicar Street show losing my shit to the new stuff

17. drip drip and such

holy fuck, the title track is PHENOMENAL

18. bump bump

Ben/Blanck Mass is now the official sixth member of the band. new album in the summer!