Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ed Sheeran Tops the Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Ed Sheeran has the number one album in the country this week:

Ed Sheeran’s ÷ (Divide) blasts in at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart, earning a whopping 451,000 equivalent album units in the week ending March 9, according to Nielsen Music. That’s the largest week for an album in 2017, and the biggest since J. Cole’s 4 Your Eyez Only launched at No. 1 with 492,000 on the Dec. 31, 2016-dated list.

2. Which should surprise....no one.

3. Spenny

Regular

Even though I don't think Ed should quit his day job and become a rapper, I can't help but have Eraser stuck in my head currently. Really enjoying Dive, Supermarket Flowers & Castle on the Hill as well.

Luroda likes this.
  4. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Always dug this guy.

5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

:chin:

His entire press tour is basically him being a functioning alcoholic and his Nice Guy shtick is exhausting and I hate his math symbols because math sucks. I'm on that haterade 2day :champagne::champagne::champagne:

Brent and Turkeylegz like this.
  6. Ed Sheeran is the definition of trite... but at least there's a guitar in the top 40? Naw, still not down.

7. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Gross.

8. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

All good ones. Enjoyed Galway Girl as well!

Spenny likes this.
  9. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

This press cycle and the douche chills from Shape Of You have really turned me against Ed this album... but dammit if I don't play Galway Girl once a day at least.

Arry and Brent like this.
  10. Spenny

Regular

Yes! Enjoying that song too.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  11. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Can some give me a tl;dr of why everyone is hating on Ed Sheeran?

12. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

His music reeks of Nice Guy and also he's a super annoying name dropper which doesn't impact his music at all, it's just annoying lol. His Nice Guy shtick does impact and ruin his music tho

13. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Great album. Haters gon' hate.

14. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Yes. This and white boy acoustic guitar rap.

Kiana likes this.
  15. skaorsk8

I legit love the white boy acoustic rap and I wish the world had more of it.

It just makes me laugh. It's perfect and different and awesome.

16. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Nooooo!!!! There's already enough cringeworthy things in the world!

We already have enough of it on youtube and Jason Mraz' "Remedy."

17. skaorsk8

Remedy was like ... over 10 years ago. I need new stuff. I will look on YouTube for more but I'm open to suggestions.