Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ed Sheeran Tops the Charts Again

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Ed Sheeran is once again at the top of the charts this week:

A step below Sheeran on the new Billboard 200 is Metallica’s Hardwired… To Self-Destruct, which holds at No. 2 with 102,000 units (up 25 percent) and 100,000 in traditional album sales (up 26 percent). The set continues to profit largely from a concert ticket/album bundle sale redemption promotion with the act’s stadium tour that went on sale on Feb. 17.

2. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

New records still growing on me, I dig everything he's done, but this one is taking a little time

3. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

Why do people pretend to like him when there's singer songwriters who are actually good

Ska Senanake likes this.
  4. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

You think he sold 87,000 albums to people who were pretending to enjoy the music?

Luroda, Schooner and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  5. dvdjmskng

The horizon is my home... Supporter

6. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

LOL this was my exact thought. I guess the people who attend his sold out arena shows are just pretending to like him.

Luroda, Schooner and cosmickid like this.
  7. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Schooner and dvdjmskng like this.
  8. dvdjmskng

His 3 albums are also in the top 6 of the album charts. It's like the ENTIRE country has forgotten that other artists exist!

9. Schooner

Trusted

Castle on the hill and Galway Girl are great songs. So there.

Luroda and parkerxcore like this.
  10. StevenW92

Regular

With Drakes streaming success I do wonder if between they'll take up about 16 songs of this weeks top 20.

Also, Galway Girl in particular is really bad.

11. dvdjmskng

I have no doubt that we won't see much variety in next weeks chart ;-)

And yeah...Galway Girl seems to have been written after 1 visit to an Irish pub + 2 pints of Guinness. Not his finest moment...but it seems like a LOT of people have been losing their shit over it!

12. Schooner

Trusted

Shit lyrics but it's a fun song. Catchy from first time. I love the Irish fiddle in the choruses

13. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

This guy has been bang-average from day one, but he's def become the guy who it's cool to hate on. Some of his criticism is so unbelievably OTT that it's become almost parody-esque.

14. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

In the Netherlands, only one of the 15 biggest songs on Spotify right now is by Ed Sheeran, the rest is by a local rapper. I have never been more proud of this country :crylaugh:

PandaBear! likes this.