Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ed Sheeran - No. 6 Collaborations (July 12, 2019) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, May 29, 2019.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I’m intrigued lol

3. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

I don’t love the snippet he posted this morning but I’m still cautiously optimistic about this whole thing

4. irthesteve

I expect a big pop single to lead off the album rollout that we'll all hate at first and then months later when it's played to death we'll be like "yeah ok its fine and catchy" and then the album comes out and there's some solid album cuts

5. irthesteve

video premiere link for tomorrow

6. irthesteve

it's almost exactly what I expected. A little more chill than I would have guessed, but otherwise I feel pretty ambivalent to it

PolarBlare likes this.
  7. BoldTitan

Trusted

Music video was pretty bad but the song is a bop. I feel like this was purely manufactured to be 2021 shape of you mega pop billion play hit and the rest of the album will be a nice mix of all his other sounds and talents.

8. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Sounds like he really liked After Hours

beachdude and irthesteve like this.
  9. irthesteve

I was thinking more of like, Post Malone Circles and the new JoBros one, Leave Before You Love Me, I think it's called. All 3 choruses feel similar to me

10. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh boy I do not like that song

11. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I really like this

12. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I kinda like this, definitely catchy. Can see it being a huge summer hit for sure.

13. Onlyadirector Jun 26, 2021
    (Last edited: Jun 26, 2021)
    Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

A lot better than I expected. I heard a leaked snippet of this on reddit a few months ago and was.. concerned. Glad the clip didn't do it justice. He's also said Bad Habits is a standout, sonically, on the album, and wanted to do something different for the lead single.

Ninja edit: here's a thread recapping his recent interviews, including info on the two albums he will release (first one in the fall), and a 10 year anniversary performance of Plus

https://www.reddit.com/r/EdSheeran/...ints/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

This song will be on the album with backing vocals from Kylie Minogue and Jimmy Barnes
    Warning: this will make you cry.

14. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

I don't love it on the whole, but I do love the bridge. It just feels less "original" to me than something like Afterglow

15. BoldTitan

Trusted

I didn’t listen to your warning and now I’m crying

Onlyadirector likes this.
  16. irthesteve

beachdude and PolarBlare like this.