Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ed Sheeran - No. 6 Collaborations (July 12, 2019) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, May 29, 2019.

1. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'm loving this song.

But also, when the hell has the radio ever played Iron & Wine?

beachdude likes this.
  2. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

Yeah, I actually think this is really good. It has way more personality than anything on Divide. The vocoder sound works surprisingly well on him.

Onlyadirector and beachdude like this.
  3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah this is definitely his best song in a while for me

4. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

We’re def getting -

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

He said this isn't from the album though

6. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

I sort of think him saying this isn't the single doesn't necessarily mean it's not on the album. As I recall he released a couple songs from Divide that weren't singles (How Would You Feel was one of them)

7. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Yeah but that was after he'd put out Shape of You and Castle, both of which were singles. I don't think he'd come out with a song from - if it wasn't gonna be the lead single. I buy that this is just a one-off

8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

10. manoverboard365

Trusted

Wouldn't this be his 5th album?

11. irthesteve

yeah, but 4th "installment of the series" which is plus, multiply, divide and minus

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

Ah gotcha.
    I was let down by his last two albums, but Afterglow was surprisingly great.

13. irthesteve

I'll go ahead and say something that I know is not the common thought, but I think he's gotten better as time as gone on for the most part.

That being said, I don't think any of his ALBUMS are very good straight front to back, but I think the highs on each album are higher than the one before. I revisited the debut album recently and there's a lot of truly gawdawful stuff on there and some of the ballads are so "basic AF" to put it bluntly haha.

Collabs album aside, which I kinda just view as a fun side project, but anyway... I think his best songs overall are from the Divide period. Castle on the Hill might be his best, Dive and Perfect are honestly a pair of his best ballads despite the cheesiness, they are solid tracks. Supermarket Flowers, Hearts Don't Break Around Here, even Galway Girl are solid tracks. Plus, Shape of You may not be a fan favorite, but it is a perfectly crafted pop song

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  14. manoverboard365

Trusted

I can definitely get behind the Castle on the Hill love, that's one of my favorite Ed songs.
    I just looked at Divide's tracklist and I can't even remember how a lot of these go. Maybe I'll give this another listen tonight

15. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

I personally think X is his best album (and the only one I like basically start to finish), but I might agree with Castle on the Hill as his best song. I thought Divide on the whole was a bit of a letdown, I actually probably like the collaboration album more.

16. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I liked Divide fine, but I don’t really need him to make a perfect album. Give me four great to perfect songs per album and make sure one’s an upbeat banger. The problem with No 6 is that (to me) he didn’t do that, despite a tracklist that suggested access to the resources to do so.

irthesteve and PolarBlare like this.
  17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Caste on the Hill is the best song

sawhney[rusted]2 and irthesteve like this.
  18. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

The only other songs I’d really consider for his best are Lego House and All of the Stars. Photograph might’ve been in contention for that too except that it loses points with me for the chorus melody being a direct ripoff of a song called Amazing by Matt Cardle (even if I like Photograph way better).

19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

New song

20. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

21. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

Almost posted this earlier today. Regardless of what he ends up putting out, I like the idea that he wants to do something different/dangerous for his lead single. So far I’ve liked all 3 songs from this “era” (the two posted above, and that One Life song from the movie Yesterday)

22. irthesteve

PolarBlare and beachdude like this.
  23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

24. irthesteve

Screenshot_20210610-175321.png

PolarBlare and beachdude like this.
  25. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

Listening to the little snippet on his Instagram and I’m beginning to get hopeful that this could be the album I’ve always hoped he’d make

beachdude likes this.