Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ed Sheeran - Divide (March 3rd, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Onlyadirector, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Agree with the two comments above. My immediate favorite after first listen is "Dive". "New Man" is great too, some of the lyrics cracked me up.

2. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Do not like this as much as the last two. Some good songs, but ultimately too many ballads.

Awksome likes this.
  3. Matt Chylak

Every single one of these bonus tracks should've been on the official tracklist. I know in the age of streaming it doesn't matter at all, but how're you gonna leave songs like "Bibia Be Ye Ye" off Ed?

tumbleweedterror likes this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I was about to say that these bonus tracks are pretty darn good. I do kinda get that they don't fit the vibe of the rest of the album overall, but they are not lower quality at all

5. irthesteve

So iTunes apparently can't differentiate between a plus sign and a divide sign, so both albums are intermingled in my iTunes as one big album arranged by track number, it's really horrible and I don't like it, hah

Matt Chylak and bradsonemanband like this.
  6. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Album is a snooooze

7. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

Immediate favorites are Galway Girl, Castle, and How Would You Feel, but I feel like I probably need more time to fully form my opinions on the rest. It's kind of funny to me seeing that people tend to not like Galway Girl as much as the rest given that it's probably my overall favorite.

8. irthesteve

Galway was definitely a standout on first listen

DougDubosky likes this.
  9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

"Barcelona" is the only track I like off this

10. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

This is a big step down from his previous albums, and they were a bit hit and miss anyway

11. Matt Chylak

Craig Manning and Onlyadirector like this.
  12. irthesteve

Matt Chylak likes this.
  13. Bane

The spiciest meme

I'm about halfway through the album and it absolutely treads no new ground but it's enjoyable to listen to.

14. mentalgellar

Album has good and bad bits but Supermarket Flowers always fills me with emotion.

15. Well my girlfriend definitely loves it. She hasn't stopped listening to it the past couple days. Haha

16. Kuri44

*30 seconds into "Eraser"*

"Durp, I'm good"

*puts The Menzingers album back on*

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  17. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Supermarket flowers was really tough to get through. Man.

18. Awksome

Regular

I feel like it's weaker than his previous releases. "Eraser" is a terrible opening, the first half is much stronger than the second, "Castle on the Hill" and "Shape of You" were the most "experimental" (not counting the bonus tracks) and probably the most refreshing. Still don't know how to feel about "Galway Girl", I both hate it and love it, and "New Man" lyrics are just ridiculous. He's really good at writing ballads and sad songs though, I'm loving Dive, Perfect, Happier and Save Yourself.. but there are too many. And of course "Supermarket Flowers" was written to break everyone's heart. Bonus tracks are without doubt the intriguing part.

19. Jamie Dagg

Master of not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

I think New Man worked for me because the kind if guy he's talking about is such an instantly recognisable stereotype here in the UK. Don't really see it as one to take too seriously so I love it. Supermarket Flowers is the highlight for sure though.

20. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Wish this doofus would quit clogging up the Spotify top 50.

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

22. irthesteve

Galway's easily one of the best tracks on this thing, so NOPE

DougDubosky likes this.
  23. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Yeah Galway Girl is the only track I really come back to other then the singles

24. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Galway Girl is pretty awful imo.

This album is like the last two, one or two really massive jams like Shape of You, one or two middling tracks like Castle on the Hill, and lots of rubbish. Overall this is his weakest album yet but still enjoyable in parts.

Happier is my current favourite.

Awksome likes this.
  25. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious