Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Echosmith - Lonely Generation (January 10th, 2020)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ferrari333SP, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Album is pretty blah, but "Last Forever" is a good jam

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Travis Barker 'Disgusted' Over Adult Echosmith Drummer Allegedly Contacting 13-Year-Old Daughter

Echosmith share statement on drummer DMing Travis Barker's daughter
    “We have never publicly addressed this in the past, but given the events of the last few days, we feel compelled to speak out now to offer some additional context and insight into the unfortunate misunderstandings that occurred and clear up the deeply hurtful mischaracterizations of Graham. As a child, Graham was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. He has difficulty understanding social cues.”

“Graham’s challenges have always been a non-issue in our family. In fact, it is a truly beautiful and wonderful thing that makes Graham the amazing brother, son and friend that he is. His outlook on life inspires us every day. He’ll be the first one to say “today is gonna be the best day ever,” or, “you’re my best friend and you look amazing today.” He sees the world as the happiest place, where everyone is a potential friend, and he wants everyone to feel included. One very recent Christmas, we hosted a holiday party at our home, and had athletes, musicians, artists, and models show up, and we were very confused until they happily told us “Graham reached out on social media and invited us!” Anyone who has ever met Graham will agree, he is the friendliest and most kind-hearted, welcoming person in the world.”

“We understand that his interactions were misinterpreted and misunderstood in the confusing world of social media, and we are deeply sorry. Graham certainly never meant to make anyone feel uncomfortable.”

“As a family, we will continue to work with him to have the right tools and knowledge about social boundaries, and to better navigate and utilize social media while he takes a break from it.”

“We hope anyone who’s been affected, and in turn felt uncomfortable, can accept our deepest apologies.”

~ Sydney, Noah, Graham, Linda and Jeffery

trash people

3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Wonder why Jason posted a link to the album in the Albums in Store news article

4. Anthony_

idk but we probably don’t need a thread for it, you know what I mean

5. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah I get your drift; just confused if the leader of the site doesn't care enough of it to still let people of the site know of the album and provide a link to the album to buy it. Since he posted it, thought it was fine to create a thread about the album itself.

6. Anthony_

I don't think that has anything to do with whether there should be a thread or not but go ahead and leave it if you absolutely have to. Just figured I'd pop in and remind everyone that the band's drummer slid into a 13-year-old's DMs to hit on her and the rest of the band blamed his predatory behavior on his autism.

7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Oh you're good to leave it there; I agree it's still something people should be reminded of while checking out this thread

8. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I really haven't wanted to wade into this, but I do personally think the revelation that Graham is on the autism spectrum does add more nuance to this situation. I do NOT think it absolves him of what he did to be clear... but I don't think the possibility that he didn't fully realize what the perception of his actions would be is totally unreasonable. Idk, it just kind of rubbed me the wrong way when that statement basically immediately got written off as bullshit by a lot of people.

The tricky thing with ASD is each person's case can be drastically different from another's, so not knowing Graham I don't know how high-functioning he is when it comes to social cues and things like that. But unfortunately misunderstandings and intentions taken the wrong way are a huge factor in the life of so many people with ASD... even those who ARE more high-functioning, which I'd assume he is to be in the position of being a drummer in a successful band. So personally, I do think it's possible (not certain) that there's a degree of truth to that statement.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Album is pretty bland. I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Sydney has an AMAZING voice and I really think that sticking with a band of her siblings is going to hold her back, they just don't have the musical chops to do much interesting stuff. I rarely say this, but she really should go solo and expand her sound with outside producers and musicians

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Agreed

11. irthesteve

just listened to this a second time, it's truly boring as fuck

12. oh yeah this is the band with the nonce drummer - and not Grouplove as I briefly, mistakenly assumed during the week. Fuck them.

13. irthesteve

Grouplove >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

14. MysteryKnight Jan 23, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 23, 2020)
    MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

This album definitely isn't anything special. I really liked their debut and the EP they released last year was good too, so I was excited for this, but as others have said, pretty bland. A couple good songs but the rest are forgettable. Sydney does have a great voice though.

15. irthesteve

well would you look at that....

16. irthesteve

new album July 28

Ferrari333SP likes this.