Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Earth, Wind and Fire Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cshadows2887, Jun 9, 2020.

1. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Earth, Wind & Fire (abbreviated as EW&F or simply EWF) is an American band that has spanned the musical genres of R&B, soul, funk, jazz, disco, pop, rock, dance, Latin, and Afro pop.[1][2] They have been described as one of the most innovative and commercially successful acts of all time.[3][1][4]Rolling Stone called them "innovative, precise yet sensual, calculated yet galvanizing" and declared that the band "changed the sound of black pop".[5]VH1 has also described EWF as "one of the greatest bands" ever.[4]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Quite simply one of the most talented bands of all time. People tend to focus on bass in funk, and they certainly have that in spades with Verdine White. Their horn section also gained fame branching off with Phil Collins, and they're the best in the game.

But what really made E,W,F the best funk band of all-time? The guitars.

Al McKay and Johnny Graham's twin guitar attack is a weapon that no other contemporaries had. It's easy to miss, but they didn't just play 16th notes and chick-ah time keeping stuff.

Listen to "Runnin'" and "September" and "On Your Face" and "Shining Star" and pay attention to how many hooks are on the guitar. It's insane.

3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

My mom's favorite band. They jam though, for real.

4. drummerAVA

Trusted

Ohhh yes, I heard a lot of Earth Wind and Fire in my household, growing up... lots of great tunes.

5. PauLo

43% Burnt

I hope everyone blasted September as loud as they could today

cshadows2887 likes this.