Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Earl Sweatshirt - Feet of Clay (November 1, 2019) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by username, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

here’s the Apple Music commentary if anyone wants it
    BED11994-AD9C-4393-9A21-C3E1A39F5376.jpeg 0D2EDE56-C238-4002-A2DA-0BB98F90CEEC.jpeg 925A4640-C3D6-415D-A11A-2392128BAEAD.jpeg 5EF08EB9-5417-4162-9483-71C39C85F86A.jpeg

2. radiodead

Trusted

Yea this is great. I actually enjoyed it more than my first listen of SRS (which I love now)

3. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I love where Earl's at artistically, this is so short but so dense lyrically that I'll have to really dig in to it

trevorshmevor and sean_rugy like this.
  4. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

CarpetElf likes this.
  5. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Earl is just in his own category.

I would love love love if this becomes a trend for him. releasing smaller, tighter pieces of work like this whenever the time fits him. clear to see that getting off Columbia has opened him up as an artist I'm here for the ride.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  6. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

east tho

radiodead likes this.
  7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

4N is nice smh. The bass on it is so great

8. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

This is nice. I could listen to 4N all day.

9. username

hey you lil piss baby

That Mavi verse is killer too. I've really got to hear his album. Only heard one track from it but it was great.

OhTheWater likes this.
  10. radiodead

Trusted

Yea I’m all about EAST

11. Sybil Nov 1, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 1, 2019)
    Sybil

Regular

:fire::praise:Haha! It's so random that we have new Earl music right now! :praise::fire:

This has been on repeat for the last 12hours, cant stop. Definitely warmed up to 4N more.

Someone in this thread said it's his flow from SRS, but with the vibe of IDLS....that's so on-point, imo.

12. username

hey you lil piss baby

sean_rugy and Sybil like this.
  13. Sybil

Regular

14. btr

Trusted Supporter

He's killing it. Discography is so solid at this point

15. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

little disappointed in the lack of chick-fil-a content though

Cameron likes this.
  16. cherrywaves

Trusted

I think the longer songs are the best ones on here. Whole project is good but whoever said that he lets "4N" breathe at the end is right on the money.

17. username

hey you lil piss baby

Gonna try and do a whole discography run this weekend. Don’t think I’ve done it since before SRS. Expecting it to be fascinating to hear his whole progression across a few hours.

sean_rugy and matthaber like this.
  18. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

include SOLACE in this discog run

19. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

Speaking of solace , this project gives me similar vibes

20. This is excellent. Really need to go back to the last one, never clicked with me in the same way I Don’t Like Shit did

21. username

hey you lil piss baby

Of course! I’ve got some lopsided/leaks that I’ll sprinkle in there too.

matthaber and Rowan5215 like this.
  22. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

some of Earl's loosies are up there with his best - like "45", "High 6AM Rambling at the 5th", "Balance" all fire

23. congruence

Got a light?

Earl was my biggest influence from Doris to I don’t like shit but aside from a couple songs on the last two I just don’t get it. His raps have less of that “blow your mind with dope flows and intricate lyrics” and now it’s just like he’s trying to fit in as much as he can over short repitive beats and I just don’t see the appeal. Not hating, just curious what makes his last two special And maybe once I hear some explanations it can click with me because I want to love it

24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah I still like Doris and IDLS more than SRS honestly but he's very consistently good

Also here's an overlooked feature of his from earlier this year

25. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

The repetitive beats are hypnotic and entrancing and I think thats the intention. And in my mind, these raps are more like spoken-word poems now. They’re incredibly honest and personal, and more about expressing an emotion rather than narrating a story.

OhTheWater likes this.