Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Earl Sweatshirt - Feet of Clay (November 1, 2019) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by username, Oct 31, 2019.

1. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

hoping this gets a physical release somewhere down the line too

2. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Well I am interested

3. username

hey you lil piss baby

If people aren't listening to that Mach-Hommy EP from earlier this year, now is as good a time as any since he's on here. Earl feature on this track, and he did some production somewhere on the project too.

OhTheWater likes this.
  4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

And Tha God Fahim!!!

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Fuck

6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

WHAT

7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yo hmu with that link

incognitojones likes this.
  8. Bane

The spiciest meme

Wow wtf

Yes Some Rap Songs is fantastic, so down for this and that album cover

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  9. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

yes! keen to hear more from the best in his generation

10. Sybil Oct 31, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 31, 2019)
    Sybil

Regular

Um, wasn't this coming out today? Where is it? lol.

edit: nvm, found it.

11. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

The beat on EAST , holy fuck

CarpetElf, username and Rowan5215 like this.
  12. Rowan5215

"74" and "EL TORO COMBO MEAL" have some of the best bars of the year already

13. Sybil

Regular

Really disappointed that this is so short lol. Does this count as an album? I guess. The "album" is literally 14minutes long. :crylaugh:

This isnt grabbing me like SRS did,....but as always...he's super consistent.

No complaints here, just wish it was actual album length.

I feel like I could just cut this into the end of SRS and we'd have a full-length album!

14. username

hey you lil piss baby

Definitely pushing further with what he was doing on SRS but the atmosphere mirrors the darkness of I Don’t Like Shit more than anything else he’s done. The beat on “East” is obviously insane, I’m in love with those strings. Assuming this is one of the tracks he produced, I think it’s a new peak in his production discography. No shade to “4N,” I think it’s a really cool track, but I think it kind of proves how effective his current experiments really are by typically being 90-120 seconds.

Wanting more is an obvious complaint whenever an artist releases something outside of the industry standard “album,” but the fact that we got a new project less than a year after SRS from an artist who, with one exception, was previously absent for years at a time between records is something to celebrate in itself.

Aaron Mook and sean_rugy like this.
  15. Rowan5215

"4N" is... not too great really. had trouble getting through that one, the rest was fire

16. Sybil

Regular

Yeah, 4N is meh. I could've dealt without the guest verse also.

The rest is fire. But this feels more like an album preview, than an album.

I mean it's literally 6 fire-tracks that are under 2 mins (not counting 4N).

17. username

hey you lil piss baby

I played it back through again. I actually really like “4N.” I like the way he lets the track breathe a bit longer for a change. It’s not how I would like him to execute this still all the time, but it provides a really strong close to the record.

18. Sybil

Regular

It's cool as a closer, yeah, in that context.

This album is still just so short though. I wish he would've called it an EP, or something, instead.

I'm just playing this on repeat all night, we'll see how it goes.

19. username

hey you lil piss baby

To be fair, he’s never used any designation of album/EP/tape for this, various publications have just been reporting it as whatever they please.

But these notions and their borders barely even exist anymore. Everything should just be taken for what it is, the need to box stuff in with specific labels is so arbitrary at this point unless the artist puts it forward with strict intentions.

sean_rugy and Justin Roux like this.
  20. Sybil

Regular

Sure, I've seen it referred to as "album" mostly though.

It only being 14minutes is a bit disappointing, regardless of what it's called. That's like 2-3 tracks total of music, by some band's standards.

Glad for new material, though. Always glad for new Earl. Cover art is great for this, definitely feeling that.

I went back and listened to SRS after listening to this for awhile. So crazy good.

21. PauLo

43% Burnt

I think most people were expecting a short offering considering his last album, the artistic company he’s been keeping and the fact it’s only 7 tracks. After SRS, I personally would have been disappointed if it had have been long!

22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I haven't seen it referred to as anything but an EP. It makes sense, it feels more like a bridge between releases than a full-on release

It's fucking great by the way. Rapping is still along the lines of SRS but production reminds me more of IDLS

23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Wow El Toro Combo Meal rules

Contender likes this.
  24. PauLo

43% Burnt

This is bloody great. A lot more immediate than SRS, but that is probably because I've been listening to a lot more of this lo-fi hip hop recently.

4N is really great too. Love beats that sound like they're being played in reverse.

25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Mach is great on this too. I really like 4N