Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) 2016 #SPOILER ALERT Video Game • Page 103

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, Jun 5, 2016.

1. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

DeviantRogue and aspeedomodel like this.
  2. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

im always excited for new zelda but seeing a big open world littered with mostly one enemy and a bunch of visually identical shrines turns me off. that is a glaring issue that I have had with many games in the last 5 or so years. even if the actual game is more diverse at release (I should hope so), that doesnt do a good job of getting me excited. and no town or dungeons were shown off so Im left feeling like the games world is empty and homogeneous which is ridiculous because all the game testers theyve got playing the game were told to talk about how "alive" the game world is.

3. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

A tiny tiny tiny tiny part of said world. Like, <5%.

4. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I understand that. Im just saying that failed to hype me from what they showed and some of it actually made me worried (the shrines particularly)

5. circasurviver

Trusted

They said the demo area was 1%

6. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

World size means nothing to me if the world isn't interesting.

Zeldas should be tho

7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

The shrines all being the same stylistically is the only worry I have so far. It'd be disappointing if all 100+ of them looked the same.

8. circasurviver

Trusted

I think the point is that the first 1% of any Zelda game doesn't have a wide variety of enemies or dungeons

9. White

I will agree with the shrine comment, but idk I don't give a shit enough about the shrines in general at this present moment to even care. They don't appear to be part of the main story and ostensibly look to be side-questy type things you do for new abilities/upgrades.

10. SpyKi

Yeah but I know I'm doing every one of them it'd be nice if they at least change the colour some times, haha.

11. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I had a long freakout for however long it took to download the game and have now been playing it nonstop since. This is a great E3.

12. Last one guys, Ubisoft! Please check it out. I've had a lot of fun writing these. Wrote something like 6600 words over the past few days. Appreciate anyone who gave them a read.

Ubisoft E3

13. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I mean before this E3 I wouldnt have ever expected a zelda game to have a bunch of identical areas. Normally Id be inclined to shrug it off completwly. But they either did a bad job of communicating that or showing it off, or that's an actual element to the game and that's worrisome for me personally. Esp since it's right in line with current design approaches for popular games in the industry and it seems like they've taken cues this time around. idk

14. circasurviver

Trusted

It's possible each area will have different themed shrines... Hopefully

15. circasurviver

Trusted

I know, I forgot how much I loved these games.

16. SpyKi

They showed a couple of later ones and they looked the same.

17. circasurviver

Trusted

Nice write up, it got me interested in the PS4 for sure. And that's coming from a guy who only plays Nintendo games.

conti_in_stereo likes this.
  18. circasurviver

Trusted

Damn I missed that. I'll have to start coming to you for all my Zelda news.

19. SpyKi

They showed a tiny bit of a desert area too and link had a different haircut, not sure if you saw that bit, ha.

20. circasurviver

Trusted

No I'll have to search for that. I stopped watching the stream to play OoT. Decided I'm going to play through all the 3D Zeldas before BOTW comes out.

SpyKi likes this.
  21. SpyKi

I was trying to get my girlfriend to play Windwaker yesterday, haha. She wanted to play Heavy Rain instead after the Detroit demo. :(

22. White

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  23. SpyKi

Nah, I still had fun. We beat Heavy Rain so it's all Zelda next time baby.

[​IMG]

WhitestKidUKnow likes this.
  24. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Is E3 over? Did Nintendo ever talk about NX like how they said they were going to?

25. circasurviver

Trusted

I thought they specifically said they weren't talking about NX at E3

SpyKi likes this.