Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) 2016 #SPOILER ALERT Video Game • Page 102

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

What ever happened with the VALVE hype?

2. devenstonow

Noobie

The same thing that happens with Valve hype at E3(!!!1!!!!) every year

Emotherapy and Henry like this.
  3. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Man Ever Oasis looks awesome.

Genuma likes this.
  4. Emotherapy

Regular

The reason they gave for no female Link was that Zelda is already a woman and the Tri-force is all about balance.
    They then thought about having Zelda be the protagonist but then "what would Link do?"

I'd find the article and link it but I'm on mobile and at work.

5. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

This rationale soooooooooort of makes sense if they were talking about adding a female character alongside Link as opposed to making Link female, which may have been what they were referring to. Maybe they misunderstood the question.

6. Emotherapy

Regular

7. White

And their answer was “The Triforce is made up of Princess Zelda, Ganon and Link. Princess Zelda is obviously female. If we made Link a female we thought that would mess with the balance of the Triforce. That’s why we decided not to do it.” Still a stupid reason, mind you, but not the one everyone is harping on.

"What is Link going to do?" was in response to making Zelda a protagonist, not making Link female.

8. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

9. Emotherapy

Regular

That's what I said in the post you quoted earlier? I think people are talking about the response as a whole, at least on Twitter.

10. White

Well then lol @ me.

11. Emotherapy

Regular

Way earlier in this thread I said I'd get an Xbox1S but the more I think about it, I think I'll just build a pc. If all of Microsoft's exclusives are also going there anyway, there's no point in getting a console beyond attachment to the experience that comes with one. I have a PS4 for those exclusives and my roommate has a WiiU so I have access to those games too.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  12. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Really happy that from July to end of August I have no real AAA games coming out for me, can focus on my backlog and indies.

So behind, hoping I can catch up somewhat. All in all though, maybe 3-4 AAA games for me for remainder of the year. Nothing else really Day One for me.

13. Standing in line to play Zelda, and I just met Charles Martinet. Nicest dude ever.

WhitestKidUKnow and SpyKi like this.
  14. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

The who? Who's that?

15. Dan CiTi

♎️♈️♌️ Prestigious

yeah, that's crummy. But honestly it shouldn't be hard to have Link play a different role in the story of a 'Legend of Link' game. They could make a game about Zelda doing some things differently then just a gender swap game, as well as Link being not in the picture, somehow incapacitated, or maybe an old man too old to go on adventures and needs Zelda to teach his techniques and know-how to a bit. I wouldn't mind a gender swap game with Linkle, a prince "Zelda", and a female gerudo in for Ganon too. Even a game where you play as Hilda (from ALBW) has potential.

16. CobraKidJon

the new 3ds game I mean it looks adorable but eh for me.

WhitestKidUKnow likes this.
  17. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

never thought I would be even half this excited for Resident Evil 7 and God of War

ECV and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  18. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

so we're the From Software games shown?

19. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Don't think so

20. circasurviver

Trusted

Glad to see Grezzo making an original IP for Nintendo. I will keep an eye on this, I'm always down for a good action RPG

21. circasurviver

Trusted

Rhythm Heaven is out right now!

22. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

haha.

i heard pretty negative reactions to this. not really impressed with the 3ds stuff recently in general. i loved final fantasy explorers and almost finished with it, and i'm going to play persona q after. and of course there's pokemon sun/moon, but other than that, eh.

23. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

did they show any dungeons or town stuff in Zelda? not the shrines

24. CobraKidJon

pretty much. I mean this game has a mix of Fantasy Life and Animal Crossing that I would like but it just seems so eh.

right now all I've been really playing is Fire Emblem, Shovel Knight and Pokemon games. It seems like in the future the only one I'll care about is Pokemon.

25. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

nope. They're just trying to show off the open world stuff at the moment. Aonuma said they don't want to show off much of the game before it's released because they really want it to be a surprise which is why they're just showing this beginning section.