Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

E3 2018 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oakhurst, May 5, 2018.

1. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

The only possible thing that EA could announce that would get me more hyped would be KOTOR 3

2. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I know it’s not happening at this E3, but if Nintendo were to officially announce a sequel to Breath of the Wild with a release date, even if it’s not until 2021 I still want to know.

3. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Microsoft predictions/wishes:
    - Crackdown 3 release date w/ gameplay. July/August release date.
    - Crytek's Hunt: Showdown coming to Game Preview, console launch exclusive. Coming 2018.
    - Gears spin-off announced, x-com style gameplay. Not by Coalition, they are involved but not main developer. Spring 2019.
    - Studio MDHR announce Cuphead DLC. Coming Fall 2018.
    - Forza Horizon 4 announced. Set in UK, September release date. Has a separate "kart" style mode in it w/ avatars.
    - Day Z gets Game Preview release date. Summer 2018.
    - Below gets release date. Winter 2018.
    - Splinter Cell reboot announced. Coming Fall 2018. X enhanced.
    - Master Chief Collection update. Available on PC soon (maybe right now?). Halo Reach is added w/ X enhancements for free.
    - Remedy on stage, announce new project coming first (exclusive?) to Xbox. Coming 2020.
    - One more thing is Halo spin-off coming Fall 2018. Third person RPG in style of The Division. Developed by outside studio.

:shrug: some I think are definite. Other are wishes.

Henry likes this.
  4. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

am i a nerd

upload_2018-5-13_21-44-12.png

oakhurst and Mrplum5089 like this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

LuigiPeppercorn likes this.
  6. lightning

Here for Square & Ubi.

7. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

SUB

8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

We doing discussion in here instead of the main thread?

9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Ya E3 hype in the hype thread hype

10. CobraKidJon

I've been waiting to post some E3 related stuff but so far all we have is Gear Box saying no Borderlands 3 at E3.

11. Anthony_

Yeah no Borderlands 3 at E3 really, really sucks. Although at least it seems like the reason why is because they don't want to show the game off until it's done so we don't all get Pitchforded again.

12. CobraKidJon

well our first E3 thing is here

13. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

My hype for Square and Nintendo’s presentations are off the charts. All the others I’m stoked to tune in but not having sky-high hopes.

oakhurst likes this.
  14. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I don't think I have ever watched a Nintendo E3 event, in any shape or form. I usually catch the info later. I've just never really been a big Nintendo guy...never owned a system by them except Gameboy.

15. SpyKi

the conference I'm most excited for is Sony which has been the case for years now. The game I want to see the most is Shadows Die Twice.

The Star Fox and Pokemon rumours have really lowered my expectations for Nintendo.

16. Anthony_

Sony is probably my #1 most-anticipated for the games they've confirmed will be there, the expected third parties (CoD, which looks really good, and Destiny 2) and what will likely be surprise-discussed (Shadows Die Twice).

But Nintendo, Square, Ubisoft, and Bethesda are all up there too, although largely for only one or two games each (Smash/Metroid, Kingdom Hearts 3, The Division 2, and Starfield/Rage 2, respectively).

Also, Ubisoft said in that announcement about the rest of FY2019 that three major titles are launching before March 2019: The Crew 2, The Division 2, and a mystery game. Guess that'll be this year's "one more thing" from Yves.

17. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

As far as hype goes, I'm most here for Square.

Definite - KH3

Plausible - FFVIIR

Galaxy brain??? - FFXVI

Really hoping for some mindblowing stuff overall this year, though. Very excited.

18. Anthony_

Maybe a cinematic FFXVI teaser? Probably unlikely since I'll bet they want to focus the hype on KH3 but would be cool.

19. SpyKi

I would love to see XVI, also hoping to see their new Avengers game.

20. nomemorial

XVI would totally bowl me over. Also I almost forgot about the Avengers game! The time is so right for that to finally get some legit footage, I'd love that.

21. Anthony_

I keep forgetting about that Avengers game. Wonder what it's going to look like.

22. CobraKidJon

LEGO avengers lets gooo

Contender likes this.
  23. nomemorial

Sources on ResetEra are comparing it to Destiny? Which I'm REALLY intrigued by. Would love an open-world style superhero game in that universe.

24. Anthony_

I have no idea how they'd make an Avengers shared-world looter but I'd love to find out.

nomemorial likes this.
  25. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

All I care for is a good showing from Cyberpunk 2077

nomemorial likes this.