Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

E3 2018

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oakhurst, May 5, 2018.

1. oakhurst May 5, 2018
    (Last edited: May 11, 2018)
    oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Saturday, June 9th
    *EA - 11 AM PT, 2 PM ET

Sunday, June 10th
    *Microsoft - 1 PM PT, 4 PM ET
    *Bethesda - 6:30 PT, 9:30 ET

Monday, June 11th
    *Square Enix - 10 AM PT, 1 PM ET
    *Ubisoft - 1 PM PT, 4 PM ET
    *Sony - 6 PM PT, 9 PM ET

Tuesday, June 12th
    *Nintendo - 9 AM PT, 12 PM ET

What are your expectations or dreams for this year's E3?

lightning likes this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

HL3, Portal 3, L4D 3, DOTA 3

Joe4th likes this.
  3. tucah

not champ Prestigious

gimme news on smash, kh3 and whatever the hell that previously teased fromsoft game is. everything else is a bonus.

4. ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

Always about Bethesda but Ubi's is usually the most entertaining.

5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Predicting a low-key year for E3. Not outright awful like 2012, but since we're getting close to the end of the generation I think we're going to see less huge game announcements. Most of what will be shown off are things we've already known about: The Division 2, Borderlands 3, Kingdom Hearts 3, Bethesda's Starfield, CoD: Black Ops IIII, Battlefield WW2, Super Smash Bros. 5, hopefully Metroid Prime 4, etc. There will still be a few surprises I'm sure, but my expectations are at a point where I'd be really shocked if we got any gigantic announcements this year. There's a real chance PS5 and the next Xbox launch Fall 2019 (although 2020 is probably more likely), so I worry about publishers holding back slightly in light of that reality.

I'll echo @tucah in saying that I'm super interested in learning more about Shadows Die Twice (or whatever it'll really be called, although that is a cool name regardless). Probably the thing I most want to see, with Borderlands 3 and Starfield being close seconds.

6. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Metroid Prime 4 might be enough for me to get a Switch.

7. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

y r u do this

Contender likes this.
  8. Anthony_

The rumors have already started! I wouldn't be surprised to have console reveals next year, even if 2020 is more likely. But either way we're closer to the end than the beginning haha it will be five years in November.

Shrek likes this.
  9. Going on probably Tues or Wed and trying to see as much as I can in the morning before they open it up for the public. If I can play Smash Bros, it'll be completely worth it. It was a bit of a packed mess last year.

10. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Here for Smash and that sweet KH3 release date

11. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

@oakhurst time to add Square Enix, this will be my most anticipated conference probably ever (KH3 / Life is Strange)

oakhurst likes this.
  12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Just give me a KH3 release date and I'm good with E3

Anthony_ and Mrplum5089 like this.
  13. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Trying to think of my most hyped potential game announcements/ trailers for each conference

EA: Skate 4 duh, (or Respawn’s Star Wars game)

Microsoft: Halo anything/ Fable

Bethesda: Starfield/Fallout spin-off

Square: KH3/ Life is Strange 2

Ubisoft: uhhhhhhhh

Nintendo: Smash news/ Animal Crossing/ whatever Retro’s been doing for the past 4 years

Sony: Spider-Man/ Last of us 2/ RDR2?

Anthony_ likes this.
  14. Anthony_

I actually think there's a chance EA doesn't give us any Star Wars this year. I feel like Respawn's may still not ready to be shown off and all the other projects they have going on are two early in development.

I think Gears 5 is a safe bet, especially considering that walmart.ca leak. Halo teaser too, maybe similar to the one that announced Halo 5. Really hoping we see something cool regarding Fable, that's a franchise that has so much potential so whatever they're working on better be good. And I hope Crackdown 3 isn't actually dead for good.

Would be cool if there was another interstitial, New Vegas-esque Fallout game. And Starfield should be sick.

KH3 maybe gets a release window?

Word is Ubisoft is apparently working on a new Assassin's Creed for this year. The Division 2 will also be a big focus for them.

Retro better be involved in Nintendo's conference in some way. It's been long enough since DKCTF came out that it's time we learn what they're doing.

Spider-Man, TLOU2, maybe more Days Gone stuff considering GameInformer is covering it this month. They'll have Activision there for CoD and also Destiny 2's fall expansion probably. Also From would most likely be at Sony's conference if they're showing Shadows Die Twice. And we'll probably get more Death Stranding craziness from Kojima.

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  15. flask

Trusted Supporter

I just wanna see more Last of Us 2 and whatever From Software is working on, even if its just another trailer.

16. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I’m 99% sure KH3 is getting a release date during E3

17. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Also, odds on Microsoft giving an update on Studio MDHR? Even if it's just one of Moldenhauer brothers with a sketchpad lol.

18. Anthony_

Microsoft is in such a weird place because the last couple years they've had good-to-great conferences and yet they've put out almost no games (exaggerating but still). I honestly don't know what to expect from them.

19. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Hoping for Microsoft to show off a cool indie and pull a "and it's available RIGHT NOW on Game Pass"

20. Anthony_

Yeah they need to do this, it's such a smart marketing move for them. If Ori 2 is ready I'd say that would definitely be the one to do it with.

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  21. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I could see them doing with that Blade Runner looking indie "The Last Night". Dev's page just has a 2018 date.

22. Anthony_

You think they're still going to be pushing that game hard considering the guy behind it is a GamerGate-r?

23. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Unfortunately I feel like most of the E3 audience won't realize or won't care

24. Anthony_

Yeah but Microsoft might care considering how much of a PR disaster that would be. It was incredible to watch the reaction to that game online be so positive and then immediately turn negative within the span of a half hour or so once the guy was exposed as a creep. Since then Microsoft hasn't said a single word about the game. Wouldn't be surprised if they quietly release it without much marketing or fanfare.

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  25. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

If Skate 4 is announced I’ll post a video of me crying of joy