Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

E3 2017 Video Game • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, May 11, 2017.

1. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

I just realized I have no idea what E3 stands for.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Electronic Entertainment Expo

zigbigwig and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  3. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

SPOILERS, you monster

4. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Yeah not super anticipating anything besides God of War, TLOU2 and RDR2.

Hoping for some more #WEED3 tho.

5. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Waiting for that Bloodborne 2 announcement.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Bloodborne 2 would be simultaneously my biggest disappointment and my new most anticipated game.

7. SpyKi

Also hope we finally get to see some real info on Amy Henigs Star Wars game.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  8. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

I'm also curious about that Respawn third person action adventure Star Wars title

9. SpyKi

I just really hope EA's conference isn't all developer diaries and athletes like it has been the last few years.

Dirty Sanchez and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  10. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Amen to that

SpyKi likes this.
  11. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yes. We need more info on all the Star Wars games this year. It won't suffice for them to do dev videos for everything except Battlefront 2, like you said above. It's time.

SpyKi likes this.
  12. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm not about to watch EA's this year.

I really hope Bethesda Game Studio's new RPG is shown. They've expanded to two big teams and are rumored to be making a new RPG in the same tier as Fallout and Elder Scrolls, and not being in those franchises.

SpyKi likes this.
  13. Anthony_

Yeah I'm really wondering what kind of setting it will have. Maybe hard sci-fi is possibility? I honestly don't know. Either way, with that invite thing they sent out I'm betting there's a good chance we hear about it.

14. SpyKi

I'd be interested in that as long as it's not the same kind of game as Elder Scrolls/Fallout.

15. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I think we'll probably see at least something about Hennig's Star Wars game but I doubt there's anything significant to show for Respawn's yet.

Bethesda's conference should be interesting, at least. We know they have at least two announcements (and one of those is 99% going to be a new Wolfenstein), I'd definitely like to see what they do with a new IP but I hope that, if it's an RPG, it's very different from Fallout and Elder Scrolls. Fallout 4 was fine but I'm definitely feeling a bit of fatigue from their brand of open world RPG (which I say as I constantly consider starting a new game of Skyrim).

SpyKi likes this.
  16. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

I am really hoping for an RPG that takes place in a medieval setting. I know that sounds a little too Elder Scrolls at first glance, but I mean something more based in reality with a focus on improved melee combat and a big branching story that incorporates politics a la Game of Thrones. No magic or anything like that. I think For Honor showed there's a big market for that aesthetic and also bombed hard enough for someone to swoop in with a better game and take that space.

17. Anthony_

That would certainly be really ambitious and unlike anything else on the market, to do a medieval RPG without fantasy elements. Would present a number of design challenges in terms of making upgrades compelling beyond just "do more damage" or "run slightly faster/longer," for one. Although I'm sure Bethesda's people are up to the task.

18. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Valid points. I can imagine a skill tree that focuses on weapon types, mounted combat, naval combat, diplomacy, etc. I guess I just want to be able to play Game of Thrones, lol. And not that awful shovelware RPG for 360/PS3

19. Anthony_

No I agree that it would definitely be something that at least shakes up the industry (which Bethesda has obviously been known to do) if they can get it right. It seems like these days RPGs are either fantasy, sci-fi, or a combination of the two (Xenoblade Chronicles, for instance). Something that is set in a fictional medieval world without fantasy elements is definitely not a thing I've ever experienced before.

Also I never played that GoT game on last-gen but yeah, heard it was the very definition of mediocrity.

electro haikus likes this.
  20. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I want Alan Wake 2.

dadbolt likes this.
  21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I really hope EA announces that the Madden 18 Tom Brady GOAT edition will be on the Switch

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  22. Anthony_

I really hope that EA announces that the Madden 18 Tom Brady GOAT Edition was just a bad prank.

PatRFinley, dadbolt and RobbieBerns like this.
  23. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Tom Brady alt right Make Madden Great Again addition

dadbolt and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  24. Anthony_

See, that sounds more accurate.

RobbieBerns likes this.
  25. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

[​IMG]

GettingSodas likes this.